ExcessiveAngler

WTS All Star Breakaway LDFC 100H

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

“CHUNKIN TIME IS FAST APPROACHING”

up for grabs is a 10’ 1-pc All Star Breakaway conventional in very nice condition!

Model- LDFC 100H 10’  1 pc 

Line- 20-40 pd

Weight- 3-6 oz and can easily handle more!

Any All Star fans know this rod!

It has the usual wear on the butt and very slight gapping on the butt cap like most of the old All-Star‘s have and the cork is firm and not going anywhere!

The blank, logo and guides themselves are in really great condition, see pics!

$150 firm cash or PP upon meet up in the vicinity of Mays Landing, New Jersey 08330

No shipping again it’s one piece lol!

 

As always thanks to Tim and the SOL community 

 

EA

 

 

 

091C7344-FCAE-45A3-AA31-0186546B33A1.jpeg

D2FEEF44-39E4-48BB-B8E6-1D8083F4BB89.jpeg

9E94E903-063A-4937-95F3-26C30AEB299F.jpeg

ABAE7405-DAB0-4EC8-927D-FE7074C0510C.jpeg

D6F8A030-8112-447B-8684-20FF525B07CC.jpeg

3E088EF3-06FD-453D-84A1-8CB1DEFC9582.jpeg

A18F6C31-EF3B-4DAE-B101-BAF75E022095.jpeg

2FC2915F-704A-4E55-B5DF-195FA0FD6C54.jpeg

E5796652-B9B9-4A16-8CE3-B6B7B21E1EAB.jpeg

Edited by ExcessiveAngler
Title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would trade also this rod for decent a 2-3 tube Gear Up or Similar quality bag that I’ve recently seen posted in this price range!

Thanks

EA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, afterhours said:

Deal alert!

I second that ! I have this same blank in a custom build and it will throw 4 / 5 ounces out of sight great blank.! It looks like this one is in EXCEPTIONAL shape ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2022 at 1:17 PM, ExcessiveAngler said:

10’ 1-pc All Star Breakaway conventional

EA - I'm interested.  

For this to work, though, you'd have to get the rod to Manahawkin. (I live in MA, and have a buddy whose parents live there).  Then my buddy would pick up the rod, and then I'd drive from MA at some point to visit my buddy...

If you could to that over the next ten days, then I take it for the $150.  Or, if you'd like, I could trade a red Abu 6500 C3CT Mag Hi-Speed that I picked up on SOL.  I could take pics of the reel if interested. 

Thanks for considering.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RP McMurphy said:

EA - I'm interested.  

For this to work, though, you'd have to get the rod to Manahawkin. (I live in MA, and have a buddy whose parents live there).  Then my buddy would pick up the rod, and then I'd drive from MA at some point to visit my buddy...

If you could to that over the next ten days, then I take it for the $150.  Or, if you'd like, I could trade a red Abu 6500 C3CT Mag Hi-Speed that I picked up on SOL.  I could take pics of the reel if interested. 

Thanks for considering.  

I would like to try to make something work here and get this rod to you, but Manahawkin is also about 40-45 minutes from me and with gas and tolls, not really that feasible!

I won’t even tell you how far I traveled to get them, so I had a matching pair lol!

I’d have to put some thought into that and see if maybe something comes up to travel that way!

As far as trading, I am willing to trade, but I have more Abus(I have at least 20 now!)then I know what to do with now lol!

However, you did pick up something that I was quite interested in not too long ago, the Omoto with Zzetta spool!

I’ve been trying to get hold of one of these reasonably for a while now and couldn’t believe I missed out on that one because I was down and out sick in bed!

Now for that I would gladly drive the All-Star up to Manahawkin for you and I’d be willing to offer you The same rod that you’re looking at now except in super condition!

You’d be hard-pressed to find a nick or scratch on this blank!

Even the original paint is still intact on all the guides on this one!

I wound up getting a custom 10 foot one piece, so this one has been resting up for a long time!

This one still has the upc label on the real seat as well!

Not sure if that’s something you would entertain, but just figured I would throw it out there!

 

EA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ExcessiveAngler said:

Manahawkin is also about 40-45 minutes from me

Thanks, EA.  I didn't know how far away you were from Manahawkin.  I completely understand that'd be a bit of a haul with gas and tolls, etc...

 

I'm going to hold onto the Omoto.  That's my new toy, and I'm having fun with it.  If I end up planning to part with it, I'll give you a shout.

 

Sounds like you've got a couple really nice All Star rods. If I wasn't 5-6 hours away, I'd definitely buy one.  That said, someone oughta scoop this up - I've got to think there aren't too many nice ones around anymore.  GLWS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 mins ago, RP McMurphy said:

Thanks, EA.  I didn't know how far away you were from Manahawkin.  I completely understand that'd be a bit of a haul with gas and tolls, etc...

 

I'm going to hold onto the Omoto.  That's my new toy, and I'm having fun with it.  If I end up planning to part with it, I'll give you a shout.

 

Sounds like you've got a couple really nice All Star rods. If I wasn't 5-6 hours away, I'd definitely buy one.  That said, someone oughta scoop this up - I've got to think there aren't too many nice ones around anymore.  GLWS!

Would you happen to have any custom plugs you’d be willing to throw in to offset my travel cost?

I’m trying to break into the custom plug world LOL, so I can strictly start targeting bigger fish!

 

PS: Keep your eyes peeled, I may be posting up vintage custom 10’ 1pc Lami GSB m with Fuji tape on reel seat!

 

EA

 

 

Edited by ExcessiveAngler
Info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ExcessiveAngler said:

trying to break into the custom plug world

I’ll pick some out and plan to send some possibilities. Question: if I’m understanding correctly, it sounds like you have 2 All-Star rods. How much extra for the nicer one? (I’d just be buying a single rod, not two). I figure we’re going through the trouble of plugs/transportation, I may as well ask about the one in better condition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RP McMurphy said:

I’ll pick some out and plan to send some possibilities. Question: if I’m understanding correctly, it sounds like you have 2 All-Star rods. How much extra for the nicer one? (I’d just be buying a single rod, not two). I figure we’re going through the trouble of plugs/transportation, I may as well ask about the one in better condition. 

Sorry about that brother, I got tied up taking care of my daughters three-month-old beagle pup!
Actually, I have three LOL!
1- custom wrap(Don’t even think about it!) and 2 factory.

My custom is now strictly used for plugging and these other two only got used for chunkin on the beach, never near any rocks or even laid on the ground for that matter lol!

I paid $185 for the nicer of the two, and would  ask that back, as It’s only been used a few times a season for the past few seasons and taken care of meticulously, I even put blue painters tape over the logos when I put them in the back of my truck!

  Then working out a fair trade for my expenses, if this rod showed up again, there be no way I would drive as far as I did when fuel was about half the cost it is now lol!


EA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, EA. I re-read the thread, and noticed that you mentioned that you're looking for a 2-3 tube Gear up bag.  Pics below.  It's in good shape, but the middle tube has a crack in it.  Easily super-glued.  I'll do that if you'd like. For the rod with the painters tape, delivered to Manahawkin, how about (a) the Gear Up bag, (b) two Gear Up leader wallets (only one is pictured), (c) you pick out three of the plugs pictured and I'll put them in the bag, and (d) since the bag has a pork rind holder, I'll throw in a new thing of Uncle Josh's pork rind.  

 

If the above doesn't interest you, then how about the $185, plus three plugs of your choice for the drive/tolls?

 

5BB2CD40-AA41-443F-8120-276C2F3A1779.jpeg

7C1C7401-787F-4D79-9133-DC32034B2CBB (1).jpeg

21CB7C89-C0CC-4A97-B8E4-603AAE4EA1DC (1).jpeg

5020CA7C-1B06-46A6-9CA9-5775AEED5EC1.jpeg

Image 1.jpeg

Image 2.jpeg

Image 3.jpeg

Image 4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Touché RP lol?
Well, you’re taking the gloves off now, huh lol!

It’s actually a pretty hard decision!

I need both so badly!

Any chance you wanna keep the family together and take both, all joking aside, although I know both may not be feasible at this time!

Either way, I still will except at least one of your offers!

I would like tonight to think about it and will give you an answer here tomorrow!

That is unless you make the decision easy enough for me LMAO!

Meaning both!

@RP McMurphy

Thanks brother!

EA

Edited by ExcessiveAngler
Tag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, EA.  I'm only looking for one rod. I have more then enough stuff now, and I'm running out of places to put 1-piece rods.  But the All-Star is a classic, so I wanted to try one.  And it sounds like this one is in great shape. No rush. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RP McMurphy said:

Thanks, EA.  I'm only looking for one rod. I have more then enough stuff now, and I'm running out of places to put 1-piece rods.  But the All-Star is a classic, so I wanted to try one.  And it sounds like this one is in great shape. No rush. Thanks again.

Understood!

Quick question who made the 2 needles?

 

EA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 mins ago, ExcessiveAngler said:

question who made the 2 needles?

Pretty sure they’re Washed Ashore. Here’s a pic. Same marking on the green and yellow. 

153C63C0-8D99-4ECA-A921-F6A7AF04776E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.