“.. Rights Come From God.. Not Government..” - Ron DeSantis

Rate this topic

RiverRaider

4 mins ago, Slacker said:

I am more than willing to get onboard the inalienable rights train as long as we ride it all the way to the end of the line.

Is it God, or the “Creator” that’s stopping you from riding that train? 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

Just now, RiverRaider said:

Is it God, or the “Creator” that’s stopping you from riding that train? 

Neither.  I recognize that your rights - in reality - are limited to rights that you can actually exercise.  Everything else is just philosophy.  

I may think I have an inalienable right to travel the globe and settle where I will, without papers or permission, but if I can't actually exercise that right then I really don't have it.

5 mins ago, Slacker said:

Neither.  I recognize that your rights - in reality - are limited to rights that you can actually exercise.  Everything else is just philosophy.  

I may think I have an inalienable right to travel the globe and settle where I will, without papers or permission, but if I can't actually exercise that right then I really don't have it.

So you have them by they are denied to you by men.. that happens 

I should say your freedom to exercise them is denied… 

I’m not sure freedom to travel unrestricted is an inalienable right though but… whichever I won’t split that hair 

Edited by RiverRaider

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

22 hours ago, zak-striper said:

I just don't believe in fairy tales, any of them - imaginary jesus, imaginary allah, imaginary yahwek, imaginary greek gods, imaginary roman gods, the gods of ancient man,  etc.

It really seems to bother you that some people do.  Why is that?

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

We’ve been round and round on the “we have inalienable rights but man tries to deny you those rights” train. If a right is truly inalienable then common man couldn’t stop anyone from enjoying them - but yet it happens all the time. So, whether or not we have inalienable rights doesn’t really matter, because in practice any and all rights can be suppressed - which proves that they’re really just a human construct.

<p><p></p></p>