Alferd Packer

Elderly fishermen pulled from the surf

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Ocean beach. When the surfers got to him he was a floater with no pulse. Revived on the beach and sent to the hospital. Yikes! 

Anyone know anything about this?

We don't really have surf up here on Puget Sound, but I've helped pulled two people of the water in the past few years.

An old guy that got pounded by freighter waves and a kayaker who decided to anchor of all places in a tidal rip with large standing waves.

His kayak was way overloaded with gear as well. He even had a downrigger attached to it.

SF

On 8/22/2022 at 7:47 PM, moocks said:

Thought it was Mike or Chris but paper says Wawona and I don't think they fish there ....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Surfers-rescue-man-in-waters-of-SF-Ocean-Beach-17390304.php

There are freak waves that always show upduring an incoming tide!  I remember climbing down the in inside of the rock wall that surounds Princeton Harbor actual down south where you can climb onto it because of a freak wave rolling towards us! It swamped my tackle box because it was open I was rerigging and had some heavy sinkers inside("didn't loose it") :)

4 hours ago, danflytr said:

There are freak waves that always show upduring an incoming tide!  I remember climbing down the in inside of the rock wall that surounds Princeton Harbor actual down south where you can climb onto it because of a freak wave rolling towards us! It swamped my tackle box because it was open I was rerigging and had some heavy sinkers inside("didn't loose it") :)

yes, some people have been washed off the jetty there or knocked down and got a foot caught between the boulders making up the wall.  gotta watch the ocean!  but you can kinda hear the waves breaking on the wall and sort of know when you need to get back. 

This is why I dont really like get in the water around here.  i know most guys wear waders and go out a bit, but I'm not as mobile to run back, so I use a longer rod help me cast the distance and stay further back,