jjdbike

Anyone here a CA teacher?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Like Butch, I'm a product of the CA education system and did just fine.

I'm not a teacher, but here is a link (hopefully the mods won't delete it) on "How to become a teacher in California."  It includes information on what it takes to teach elementary school, high school and special education.

Thanks again everyone.

I most certainly didn’t want to get into a political debate or anything political.

Obviously I’m only moving there for family.

Also, I’m looking into a job in public education because it’s who I am and I need ti work.

As far as location, northern most coastal San Diego county. Our son and his family live in Carlsbad. We’re looking at Oceanside and surrounding area.

Respecfully,

JD 

3 hours ago, D_L said:

No whining here. Lived in both northern and southern Commiefornia.  Live in a solid red state now. Get paid more than I did in SF.  Have a thousand times better fishery and a conceal carry license. Can’t complain. 

Enjoy.:).....

Butch

2 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Thanks again everyone.

I most certainly didn’t want to get into a political debate or anything political.

Obviously I’m only moving there for family.

Also, I’m looking into a job in public education because it’s who I am and I need ti work.

As far as location, northern most coastal San Diego county. Our son and his family live in Carlsbad. We’re looking at Oceanside and surrounding area.

Respecfully,

JD 

Welcome to CA Jim.. I know It's not what you would prefer, but there is a lot to to like here.... I hope it all works out for you...

Butch

Posted (edited)

I haven’t been in Carlsbad for a few years but there are some nice communities in the area. If you can afford the beach look at Encinitas and Solana Beach.

I lived in Escondido for a few years when I was a kid. One house we rented was surrounded by avocado groves (or are they orchards?). It was pretty nice. 

Edited by Alferd Packer

California is amazing if you like having perfect weather every single day.

10 hours ago, Mike Mendez said:

Like Butch, I'm a product of the CA education system and did just fine.

I'm not a teacher, but here is a link (hopefully the mods won't delete it) on "How to become a teacher in California."  It includes information on what it takes to teach elementary school, high school and special education.

Same here. Elementary through college.