Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plugchucker

No Live Bait Needed

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have silicone molds I made that are ‘similar’ they definitely catch but I’d never buy a single 8” plastic that rips from one hit for $5 lol. Diesel minnow / magswim over these if I was buying my swimbaits

also you can get killer jigheads from a company called skyline, they make some with the 9/0 91715, thickest jig hook out there for like $2.50 a pop I think 

Edited by Snook_Slayr

3 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Been using them the last couple of months, really liking them.

Just out of curiosity, what size? I was looking at the 3 and 5 inch size. Do they really hold in a rip and not roll out?

9 hours ago, plugchucker said:

Just out of curiosity, what size? I was looking at the 3 and 5 inch size. Do they really hold in a rip and not roll out?

I’ve been using the 5”. They seem to do pretty well in moving water, although most of my time with them has been in deeper boulder fields.

Posted (edited)

They are excellent! I have have been using them this season with a lot of success. 3" and 5" shads plus 8" straight tails are super fish catchers. Quality product. Downside- they don's last too long as fish tear them up quickly.

Edited by VanStaalSteve

AS mostly everyone already stated NLBN's rip easy and you can find a much better soft plastics. Come across schoolies and you will go through a pack in a hour if you really wanted to. 

Z-man and Hogy will last just as long. If you want a good paddle tail look up Pursuit baits, unfortunately they don't have many good bass colors. More tarpon/snook colors. 2.5 a bait for 6in or 7in paddle tails with better plastic.

I highly recommend Skyline Jigs. Better/comparable quality as NLBN heads, but for less $$$$ and the money goes to a good man. NOT a large youtube popularized brand. Skyline = $3.5 a head

On 8/20/2022 at 3:16 PM, Bubbaluch said:

AS mostly everyone already stated NLBN's rip easy and you can find a much better soft plastics. Come across schoolies and you will go through a pack in a hour if you really wanted to. 

Z-man and Hogy will last just as long. If you want a good paddle tail look up Pursuit baits, unfortunately they don't have many good bass colors. More tarpon/snook colors. 2.5 a bait for 6in or 7in paddle tails with better plastic.

I highly recommend Skyline Jigs. Better/comparable quality as NLBN heads, but for less $$$$ and the money goes to a good man. NOT a large youtube popularized brand. Skyline = $3.5 a head

What z-man soft plastics are you using??

1 hour ago, yogiiiboy said:

What z-man soft plastics are you using??

Z-Man Swimmers and Mag Swimms

Hogy has a better option on eel and straight-tail bait selection.

Excellent product.  I bought them to use on my numerous trips to the East Coast of Florida.  They make a half ounce tin jig head that is perfect for shallow water and no current.  I don’t know how many companies offer that. Their jig heads go up to 3 ounces I believe and are designed to be fished with their swim bait.  Their paddle tails are a bulkier profile and fish well in shallow water/no current up to a full ripping inlet moon tide.  I have landed  beach Tarpon up to 100 pounds or so, heavy drag and have not bent a hook on them yet.  If you are worried about them ripping get mend it glue and repair them.  If you are fishing them exclusively for stripers, there are other hook options/swim baits etc. that would probably be just as good.  

29 mins ago, Bubbaluch said:

Z-Man Swimmers and Mag Swimms

Hogy has a better option on eel and straight-tail bait selection.

The Z-Man Deizel Minnow has got to be, hands down, one of the top 3 plastic paddle tails on the market!  And they LAST too..........bluefish have a hard time cutting them up!

They're like the bose of paddle tails.

Shops in Florida have walls of them.

They're open pour soft plastisol shad bodies with a secure holding jig head.

I do like the tin heads as they're lighter while still doing the needful.