atremulis

My first striped bass

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is allowed, I searched but couldn't find any rules on posting videos. So mods please delete if not allowed. 

Anyways, took a flight up to Cape Elizabeth ME a couple of weeks ago to catch my first ever striper. These things fight! It was really cool fishing a completely different scenery than I'm used to down in Florida. 

I had a really good time and made a video on my trip. Thought maybe some of you would enjoy seeing a Florida boy get on some striper :wee:

I'm not going to open the video, too many heros out there.  But anyway... if this is your first striped one, cheers! And you may enjoy your pursuit without proving to the world your ' accomplishments'.

16 mins ago, chisler said:

I'm not going to open the video, too many heros out there.  But anyway... if this is your first striped one, cheers! And you may enjoy your pursuit without proving to the world your ' accomplishments'.

I actually agree with you haha. I only started filming videos to show local people, or someone down in Florida on vacation how to rig and fish for certain species. I only have a couple videos on my channel and they're mostly "How to's".

In the striper video above I go over what you can fly with and carry on a plane, and how I travel with my tackle and rods. There's not a lot of videos on the subject and its sort of a grey area with what size hooks and weights you can bring on certain airlines. 

Not interested in becoming famous or anything, just figured I could help some people out. 

Well, it may be my loss not viewing your work.  It sounds like a real good resource ;I'm just a fed up old grump.

21 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I instantly turn off any video when a bass gets chucked back in around rocks.

Old grump#2:shrug:

Hey nothing wrong with being an old grump. I've noticed I'm turning into one the older I get too :p

Just now, atremulis said:

Hey nothing wrong with being an old grump. I've noticed I'm turning into one the older I get too :p

Congratulations on your first stripa.....

Just now, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Congratulations on your first stripa.....

Thank you! If I get the chance to catch another one I'll work on the release. I don't know how you guys work around all those big rocks and that slippery algae. I'll be sure to bring proper shoes next time. 

How would you rate a stripers fighting ability versus that of a snook?

Congratulations on your first of many stripers!

Posted (edited)

12 mins ago, snookster said:

How would you rate a stripers fighting ability versus that of a snook?

Congratulations on your first of many stripers!

Thank you! Hard to say, that bigger striper I caught in the end of the video definitely wasn't what most would consider "big" on this site, but a snook the same size would be similar in fight. Strength and speed felt similar to me, but the striper do a LOT more head shakes I think. Striper almost feel like if you took a snook and a redfish hyrbid, as weird as that sounds to say, they're fast like snook, but have a lot of torque like the bigger red drum I've caught. 

Edited by atremulis

Congrats on your first Striper Bro!! Enjoy the fishing addiction!! You make as many videos as you want if that's what like to do!!

24 mins ago, prican1 said:

Congrats on your first Striper Bro!! Enjoy the fishing addiction!! You make as many videos as you want if that's what like to do!!

Thank you! Appreciate the kind words! 

8 hours ago, atremulis said:

Not sure if this is allowed, I searched but couldn't find any rules on posting videos. So mods please delete if not allowed. 

Anyways, took a flight up to Cape Elizabeth ME a couple of weeks ago to catch my first ever striper. These things fight! It was really cool fishing a completely different scenery than I'm used to down in Florida. 

I had a really good time and made a video on my trip. Thought maybe some of you would enjoy seeing a Florida boy get on some striper :wee:

Yeah, not opening video either. People come to plug their videos.

Would be nice to read a long post here though with pics about your adventures. 

Was confused about fly in fishing. Fly in fishing in Maine is when a canoe is attached to your float plane and you fish a remote pond.

15 hours ago, atremulis said:

you get grumpier the older you get and watching the younger guys fish your spot where you can't get to now!!!