theshadow

Old Fenwick Feralite spinning rod

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I got a rod to repair a couple of guides for a customer.It's an old Fenwick Feralite PLS72 7' 2 piece.The guides are steel frame and carbide rings.2 need replacement.A 16 and a 12.The rod was his dads and wants to keep it "original" best as possible.I do have the old brown thread and white for trim.

Just thought to put it out to all if anyone has  a source of these guides.Even a broken rod to strip or one to purchase.

Thanks

I may actually have some broken fenwicks in my parent's garage. I plan on heading over there tomorrow and will try to remember to take a look.

Fenwick used two colors of brown over time, chestnut and medium brown, are you sure the guides aren't brass under chrome with soldered in carbide rings? It was the most popular. Many different frame styles over the years, Pacific Bay I think still makes one style, Perfection was a popular brand of those guides back than.

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, spoonplugger1 said:

Fenwick used two colors of brown over time, chestnut and medium brown, are you sure the guides aren't brass under chrome with soldered in carbide rings? It was the most popular. Many different frame styles over the years, Pacific Bay I think still makes one style, Perfection was a popular brand of those guides back than.

I agree probibly chrome over.The thread is medium brown and opaque.Like the NCP.

Edited by theshadow

My (recently deceased) friend Al gave me a large bag of guides from that era - I will see if I can help you today, but I will need until next week to send them out if I do.

Thank you to those who responded to my plight:howdy:.He has changed his mind and is all go with new guides and tip-top.He wants to fish it in memory of dad and believes dad is ok with an upgrade to the new guides and wrap.So,I'll do a classic wrap with the old Holland thread and Gudebrod trim.

The original guides will be tagged and bagged for future use or to pass on to those that could use them.:laugh: