HugeDinghy

Dick move?

Rate this topic

194 posts in this topic

I think you should take the 5k.

If you feel bad about it, charter a head boat for the day, and invite everyone. 

2 hours ago, Toad in Nj said:

That’s not **** after taxes. If it you think it will bug you, don’t take it. 

If it was $25k then maybe a little more thought is needed. 

Eggzactly.  Retention bonus - that's embarrassing. 

Retaining a retention bonus, what's wrong with that?

What else are you supposed to do with it?

If it was a give it back bonus, it would be called that.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

We always got bonuses for the previous year's work in mid March.  April was a big month for retirements and job changes.  

Same time frame.

Cabo

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

The WSJ article?  It is funny that everything has to have a name now... "quiet quitting" isn't new - doing enough to not get fired is something people have done ever since there were employer and employee relationships.  That is the entire model for unionized labor.

wasn't wsj, not that it matters

there will always be people who don't give a ****

this is more about between that and certain age groups saying "this grind **** isn't worth it, ill work, but I'm not killing myself over it"

wish I could be that way :laugh:

i know it's out there, but my union experience isn't what you mentioned

i would say .0005% of the people I have managed have used it to keep their jobs

most of the rest work their asses off and the others did their job but weren't ones to go above and beyond

5 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

True retention bonuses are paid out over time. Typically the time they want to retain you.

I had a three year one once.  Paid out at 20% end of year 1, 20% end of year 2, and 60% end of year 3.

1 hour ago, Mokes said:

Remote work sucks. I hate it now. That chick that called me was weird. Stupid. Her issue was something a tard would have. Now....in my eyes forever....she's retarded. Oh well. Eff you "Angie....."

it's ****ing glorious, been doing a lot of if over the past 19 years or so

but that freedom was earned too

for 99.9% of what I need to get done, there is absolutely zero reason for me to go to the office

1 min ago, Toad in Nj said:

wasn't wsj, not that it matters

there will always be people who don't give a ****

this is more about between that and certain age groups saying "this grind **** isn't worth it, ill work, but I'm not killing myself over it"

wish I could be that way :laugh:

i know it's out there, but my union experience isn't what you mentioned

i would say .0005% of the people I have managed have used it to keep their jobs

most of the rest work their asses off and the others did their job but weren't ones to go above and beyond

The article I read basically said that if say the corporate performance goal is that the employee build 300 widgets a shift, then the "quiet quitters" stop when they hit 300, maybe 301... and the go getters crank out 350.

Not terrible employees.  Just employees that aren't going to do more than they are required to.

10 mins ago, Slacker said:

I had a three year one once.  Paid out at 20% end of year 1, 20% end of year 2, and 60% end of year 3.

Yup me too

I'd work for this guy forever

While the 5k is always welcome , the bottom line is you have to live with yourself. Do what lets you sleep at night.

44 mins ago, JaseB said:

I think you are within your rights, but wouldn't take it. You work for a 501c3, right?  Submit your offer letter with a donation check for whatever you netted out of the 5k to your former employer.

You get the write off if you are itemizing, don't feel like a dirt bag and that chit will be repaid to you 5x over in your career.  I promise.

At your executive level you should conduct yourself differently  than if you were 28 and making fifty grand,  take it.  

No. 

If they weren’t smart enough to prevent you from chewing and screwing, you shouldn’t be dumb enough not to do it