edubbs

Atlantic City Fishing

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hey all-  spending a few nights in AC next week and plan on doing some fishing..

Suppose I’ll be fishing Abesecon inlet 

any other areas gents?   Thanks in advance 

Posted (edited)

Fishing in AC have been some of my most shady experiences ever.  There are some incredibly untrustworthy people there or you have to park in places that looks like a ware zone to get to the fishing grounds.  Every time I've fished there there were always knuckleheads around scoping me , my gear or my car out and that's not including the beggars.   It never felt right - we all know the feeling when people are looking at you wrong and this has always been the vibe there.  If you go bring just what you need.  Don't leave things laying round.  Travel light.  Be ready. Be safe and if it were me don't go alone.  

Edited by pressphotog

Posted (edited)

I like the first video. I live in Pa and always carry.

I used to fish those jetties at night in AC all the time years ago. Definitely some shady characters there.  I never had an issue though. Park right in front of the Flagship (if it's still there lol) and you won't have to worry about your car. We used to pound the weakfish all summer there, and once in a while would get into some really nice bass. I got a 44" bass one august night when the water was probably in the upper 70s. I couldn't get that one to swim away though so I took it home.

Edited by ridenfish

You can fish out front of the flagship hotel, there’s the T jetty. Also have gardeners basin which I don’t find that great of a spot but it is convenient. You can also take the drive to vent or fishing pier. $10 for a day pass. Go to One Stop bait and tackle, Noel can help you out.

If you don't mind walking a bit, then head over to Brigantine and try out the jetty there. I would say it's a 'safer' option. I've fished the AC jetty but always daytime and never stay late.