FISH BUCKET

Air down……stop

8 posts in this topic

See a lot of posts concerning beach driving……airing down is always first thing to do……..to me the 2nd most important thing is to stop as soon as you are not making forward progress.

as long as you are moving ( even slowly) you are ok…….the instant you stop moving …..stop.

take foot off gas…..all you will do if you spin wheels is bury yourself.

try to back up….if you can’t get out of vehicle and assess situation….you just may need to shovel a path in front of tires.

it is much easier to get unstuck before you bury yourself too deep.

I would only go to beaches that are known to be passable. You don't want to get stuck and have to find someone to tow you out. BIG wide tires and plenty of clearance is a must besides airing down. slow and steady usually is the process that works.

Although its difficult to do, try and stay away from going uphill, even slight inclines. Keep the nose pointed down, broad wide turns, and easy on the gas. Along with airing down, yiou'll do fine in most vehicles.

I have been following stripers online for a while. I just can not understand why folks do not know the basics as what to carry in there vehicle, tire pressure, tow hooks, tire inflaters etc and the threads go on and on for each. There is a thread on tire pressure that goes on and on and the same with most of the basics and to me some ? as to which tire I should buy, if you can't figure that out by yourself and have to ask an opinion that could be a problem. Bottom line I have liked trolling the forum for some time ?'s  and answers go on and on and on. In my opinion if you don't know the basics don't  go I and am no saint and have vehicle failure on the beach anything that is mechanical will fail at some point.  But to me some threads just go on and on when one or two answers could take care of one question..

1 hour ago, jbyrnes said:

I have been following stripers online for a while. I just can not understand why folks do not know the basics as what to carry in there vehicle, tire pressure, tow hooks, tire inflaters etc and the threads go on and on for each. There is a thread on tire pressure that goes on and on and the same with most of the basics and to me some ? as to which tire I should buy, if you can't figure that out by yourself and have to ask an opinion that could be a problem. Bottom line I have liked trolling the forum for some time ?'s  and answers go on and on and on. In my opinion if you don't know the basics don't  go I and am no saint and have vehicle failure on the beach anything that is mechanical will fail at some point.  But to me some threads just go on and on when one or two answers could take care of one question..

It's what we do here. 

We "talk" about fishing and fishing stuff ad nauseum.

It's customary for newbies to tell us a joke. After that maybe just learn stuff and don't complain about threads :)