Roostahfish

Funnyfish 2022

Rate this topic

689 posts in this topic

43 mins ago, rst3 said:

Shore had some nice peanut feeds.

***

Found a bunch offshore off Maine last weekend, per usual for Sept & Oct in that area. 

They don't survive in a livewell and we had plenty of herring, so we just tossed em. Hard to get a sabiki down past the shallow schools of baby bones at times 

how far offshore you need to go before you hit schools of bonito in Maine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 min ago, adam42 said:

how far offshore you need to go before you hit schools of bonito in Maine?

We were about 10 miles off the coast of Southern ME. 

 

But any area that holds macks up top is a likely spot. Bonito usually seem to run with tinker macks

Edited by rst3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rst3 said:

Shore had some nice peanut feeds.

***

Found a bunch offshore off Maine last weekend, per usual for Sept & Oct in that area. 

They don't survive in a livewell and we had plenty of herring, so we just tossed em. Hard to get a sabiki down past the shallow schools of baby bones at times 

I caught these off a pier ....if u put them on a hook quickly back inthe water they are good bait ...herring is delicious too ...I didn't use one for bait long enough to try to catch something else but I'll believe they still work ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2022 at 9:11 PM, DAQ said:

Absolutely hate Seaguar and most other fluoro's under 20 lb test. I have been burned too many times with that junk. I don't think fluoro is necessary but when I do use it, I use P-Line Halo.

I have had the same results anything under 20# Seaguar blue label it is just crap!

Line diameters are just to thin and breaks easily.

Buyer Beware !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2022 at 8:45 PM, bob_G said:

That's me, abusing a scup.  I started the abuse early, that was 1963, Bell Rd.

 

DJ will remember the guy in the background.  It was our mentor, Charlie Demers.

 

IMG_20210210_132324.jpg

I thought A1 was your mentor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, bob_G said:

You're a funny guy :point:

I found the original post using the search capabilities of this site. It was titled "Ron Arra Thank you". The comment was "Really Bob, we all know that you are training to take over from A1 when the time comes, he has been your mentor for years.", posted by @b-ware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

I found the original post using the search capabilities of this site. It was titled "Ron Arra Thank you". The comment was "Really Bob, we all know that you are training to take over from A1 when the time comes, he has been your mentor for years.", posted by @b-ware.

B-ware was busting some chops.

 

You should read back through some of the older posts…. Carl and Bob didn’t see eye to eye on too much.  So much so, that Carl doesn’t come around here anymore.


Most of us that read what Carl wrote, really wish he’d come back around.  I’ve never met him in person, but I’m fairly certain he’s a good guy.

Edited by Fitzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now