Roostahfish

Funnyfish 2022

Rate this topic

742 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, The Riddler said:

That is decent size chove. I pray we don't see that finger nail chove. No Bueno. 

You mean these? I was there before daybreak and found acres of these all over the jetty I was fishing. Around low tide 8ish or so. There were little 6-8" fat  bullets chasing these next to the rocks. I could see them but they were too quick. Plenty of blowups but no one hooked up on anything from the jetty. Lots of boats nd kayak, can't tell if any of them hooked up.

IMG_20220819_052935449.jpg

1 hour ago, keepah said:

Well I drove around a bit at work anyways and yep.... right where we left them.  If I see ya out there I will be sure pull up on you and cast over you! :wave:

Haha. You and everyone else. I find the first week they come in there is such a frenzy to catch you first fish that guys loose their friggin mind and act like jackasses. Then it simmers down a wee bit and the fish get harder to catch and the people thin out a bit and it’s more enjoyable. At least where I fish mostly anyway. There will always be nit wits at the popular easy access spots. 

2 hours ago, fishinbill said:

Went out early today in BB. I had one shot at what I believe were albies, but I didn’t hook up so I can’t be sure. Caught a few bullet / chub mackerel, which was a first for me. The striper bite, meanwhile, was excellent with lots of surface feeds.

Those big bonito love eating the Chubs. Even other stray exotics that will shadow. Worth live lining if its boring. 

3 hours ago, fishinbill said:

Went out early today in BB. I had one shot at what I believe were albies, but I didn’t hook up so I can’t be sure. Caught a few bullet / chub mackerel, which was a first for me. The striper bite, meanwhile, was excellent with lots of surface feeds.

Did the macks look like baby albies or the atlantic macs we see in the spring (except on 'roids)? If the former, bullet tuna/macs, if the latter, chub mackeral

42 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Those big bonito love eating the Chubs. Even other stray exotics that will shadow. Worth live lining if its boring. 

There were a couple of guys catching them and putting them in their livewell. I was guessing for bass, but maybe big bonito. 

3 mins ago, albacized said:

Did the macks look like baby albies or the atlantic macs we see in the spring (except on 'roids)? If the former, bullet tuna/macs, if the latter, chub mackeral

They looked like baby albies. It’s interesting how they vibrate when you hold them. 

Shutout from Nobska to New Seabury. Tons of blues. Peanuts are everywhere. Heard something positive. Will be back in another area tomorrow . 

Towed all the way down to Falmouth to get in the hot bite. didn't see a thing.  Meanwhile they're killin' 'em about 2 miles from my house. :shrug:

There were a couple blowups on the south side east and west that we cast to fly and spin but nothing that stayed up or in good numbers this morning. Saw one hookup close by but that was it. We’re going back on Monday and hopefully we hook up and maybe there will be a little less pressure and more action from the hard tails. All in all it was nice to get out and get the adrenaline pumping for a few fleeting moments. 

My son hooked up at an albie on first cast today.   Heard that drag scream.  And then lost it.   Nothing else all day.   Ran around and ended up with zip.

Chasing Charlie tomorrow and then back in albie hunt.   I'm in Chatham for awhile not sure how the albie bite is over here I'm used to Falmouth area. 

Still fun to see them on top again.   I love this time of year

4 mins ago, Sailah said:

Chasing Charlie tomorrow

Don't waste your time in the surf then

I zigged when I should have zagged! :laugh:

Never fish where there is a road race. 

8 mins ago, The Riddler said:

I zigged when I should have zagged! :laugh:

Never fish where there is a road race. 

This is the one day when I avoid that area like the plague.