Funnyfish 2022

Rate this topic

Roostahfish

I'm a little surprised this thread hasn't been started yet, so figured I'd get it going.

I see I'm not the only looking / posting some stuff in last years thread, but that's in the past kids!  Here's looking to the future!!! At least the very near future of the next few months :)

Any guesses on when the first push of fish show up?  I'll wager a total guess and say Steel Pulse pops one on August 28th.

Of course Rip Tide will have run at least 600 miles and gotten a few before then ;) 

Edited by Roostahfish

Hope to get out on Friday looking for bonito via boat but close to shore, though based on lack of reports it may be a little early.   See how things shape up after this system moves out.   Hoping it lights up on Friday, but I'm okay chasing some top water bass too.   How has the top water striper action been?   Steel Pulse is a good bet, but I'll put my money on Seadog.

49 mins ago, Roostahfish said:

I'm a little surprised this thread hasn't been started yet, so figured I'd get it going.

I see I'm not the only looking / posting some stuff in last years thread, but that's in the past kids!  Here's looking to the future!!! At least the very near future of the next few months :)

Any guesses on when the first push of fish show up?  I'll wager a total guess and say Steel Pulse pops one on August 28th.

Of course Rip Tide will have run at least 600 miles and gotten a few before then ;) 

The reason the thread wasn't started because it was semi-agreed on the 2021 thread that whoever catches the first one will start it.

2 hours ago, notime said:

Hope to get out on Friday looking for bonito via boat but close to shore, though based on lack of reports it may be a little early.   See how things shape up after this system moves out.   Hoping it lights up on Friday, but I'm okay chasing some top water bass too.   How has the top water striper action been?   Steel Pulse is a good bet, but I'll put my money on Seadog.

I took friday off on a wimp hoping to get something. Thinking of starting in South of RI to hunt from shore.

17 mins ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

Don't count me out. Hoping to put a few bones in the box Friday. A good buddy gave me some good Intel on the whereabouts of some. Do bones count or is it only albies

I think it should be an albie!

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

19 mins ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

Don't count me out. Hoping to put a few bones in the box Friday. A good buddy gave me some good Intel on the whereabouts of some. Do bones count or is it only albies

Bones count as long as they aren’t the little dinky ones that could fit in a hot dog roll.