HopHead

New Lyme vaccine

Rate this topic

110 posts in this topic

I bet it's a scam! Those money-hungry bastards at pfizer obviously realized sham vaxxes are the new way to make billions.

Major test of first possible Lyme vaccine in 20 years begins

Lyme disease is a growing problem, with cases rising and warming weather helping ticks expand their habitat.

How the vaccine works

How does the Lyme vaccine work? It targets an “outer surface protein” of the Lyme bacterium called OspA that is present in the tick’s gut. It is estimated that a tick must feed on someone for about 36 hours before the bacteria spreads to its victim. That delay in transmission gives time for antibodies that the tick ingests from a vaccinated person’s blood to attack the germs right at their source.

In small, early-stage studies, Pfizer and Valneva reported no safety problems and a good immune response from participants. The newest study will test if the vaccine, called VLA15, really protects and is safe for people. The companies aim to recruit at least 6,000 people in Lyme-prone areas including the northeast US plus Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland and Sweden.

Volunteers will receive three shots, either the vaccine or a placebo, between now and next spring’s tick season. A year later, they will receive a single booster dose.

“We’re really looking at something that’s a seasonal vaccine,” Anderson said, so people have high antibody levels during the months when ticks are most active.

6 mins ago, MikeMc said:

What happened to the original lyme vaccine?

They give it to dogs.

10 mins ago, MikeMc said:

What happened to the original lyme vaccine?

Low demand coupled with a few vax complications and the maker pulled the plug.....sometimes efficacy and profit are worth the liability to the producer......wasn't in this case.

Too late for my two eldest but could be beneficial to millions. 

2 mins ago, HopHead said:

Low demand coupled with a few vax complications and the maker pulled the plug.....sometimes efficacy and profit are worth the liability to the producer......wasn't in this case.

Thanks Doc.

BTW, while I have you, pain in my lower back, kidney area. Hurts when I move but no pain when I'm not. Any ideas? I do have a call into my doctor trying to get in there today, but figured I'd ask.

6 mins ago, HopHead said:

in addition you needed multiple injections over the course of a year 

1 min ago, MikeMc said:

Thanks Doc.

BTW, while I have you, pain in my lower back, kidney area. Hurts when I move but no pain when I'm not. Any ideas? I do have a call into my doctor trying to get in there today, but figured I'd ask.

Easy answer is muscle strain given it's only when you move.  Could be other things but in the absence of any other symptoms that's most likely.  Lemme know what your doc says.

Just now, Sandflee said:

in addition you needed multiple injections over the course of a year 

Still do with this one......first round then booster a year later.  What a scam!