PeteRocck

Skunked night 1

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Beautiful night, zero bites. Should be able to get one more night in. Thinking of switching to a cut bait with a fish finder. 
Bethany beach fishing with fish bites. 

C5EA852B-C1E5-4352-B0BC-CBD678948A96.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/15/2022 at 0:44 PM, PeteRocck said:

*

You don't fish with the light on do you?

 

Edited by TimS
quote edited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

light on

 

couldnt imagine the heckling you would get fishing with a lightpole in the northeast.

 

turn off the damn light and let your eyes adjust... cut some bait up.    fishbites are ok for jig heads but i wouldnt deadstick them like bait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

You don't fish with the light on do you?

 

Ummmmm, Actually we did. Artificial moon perhaps? Lol. I’m a stickler for no radio when fishing. Never thought light being an issue. Granted this light was pretty bright. Was figuring can’t be much different than fishing from a boat with the anchor light on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update. 8/15 Bethany Beach. Caught 2 weakfish, 1 spot, few Eels  and one clear nose skate. Conditions were rough with lots of wind. Had to up the weight from 3oz to 5oz and probably could’ve went heavier. Nevertheless we caught something yay. Hopefully we can get out one more time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pakalolo said:

Turn off yer damn light!  Not sure where you are but in most areas the light would be off. 

That’s right... I think most guys down there probably don’t appreciate it when a guy has a floodlight on a pole shining into the water lol... Sometimes fishing without light in the dark is hard but you don’t need it for just sitting there and waiting. That’s what your clickers are for. When you hear one go off, figure out which rod it is, fight it in the dark, turn on your light to land it, unhook it, and release it, then turn it off. That’s what I do and I can’t say I catch many good fish lol but I do catch more than I did before I learned about the light rule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another word of advice for the OP is to keep the names of the spots you fish at more general... like instead of saying I fished bethany just say I fished lower DE or just I fished Delaware. Or don’t mention the location at all. There are some people on here (not necessarily users, just people using the site without an account) who may be report chasers and the first thing report chasers want to know when somebody catches a bunch or something big is “where did you catch that?” And then if the info goes to the wrong person then that guy tells his buddy and his buddy tells his buddy and so on, and the spot can become dirty or be overfished. The beach you’re fish at isn’t particularly a secret or nothing but it’s still good to keep the locations general when you post a report, just in case. Tight lines out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

Another word of advice for the OP is to keep the names of the spots you fish at more general... like instead of saying I fished bethany just say I fished lower DE or just I fished Delaware. Or don’t mention the location at all. There are some people on here (not necessarily users, just people using the site without an account) who may be report chasers and the first thing report chasers want to know when somebody catches a bunch or something big is “where did you catch that?” And then if the info goes to the wrong person then that guy tells his buddy and his buddy tells his buddy and so on, and the spot can become dirty or be overfished. The beach you’re fish at isn’t particularly a secret or nothing but it’s still good to keep the locations general when you post a report, just in case. Tight lines out there.

Sorry, i didn’t pinpoint my area but thought it might be helpful to other members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PeteRocck said:

Sorry, i didn’t pinpoint my area but thought it might be helpful to other members. 

That’s ok, you did nothing wrong. Just a little pointer for the future. Keep on catching them out there. You’re doing better than I ever did on a DE beach haha. Tight lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think I'm going to get some of them camper /rv lights.... The ones that look like Chinese lanterns.  I'll drape some of them around my plug bag and drape the rest across my neck..  then strip the wires and tape that  right up to my rod and start waiving about just like Ben Franklin.

Edited by chisler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chisler said:

I think I'm going to get some of them camper /rv lights.... The ones that look like Chinese lanterns.  I'll drape some of them around my plug bag and drape the rest across my neck..  then strip the wires and tape that  right up to my rod and start waiving about just like Ben Franklin.

Definitely bring your GoPro. :pop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.