srm413

Penn Slammer handle on Spinfishers

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Just installed these.  They look great and give a bit more cranking power and line retrieve.  3500 and 4500.

 

 

DSC00202.JPG

DSC00201.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got me curious lmk how it works out i just won a 6500 set up from the ole striper cup and have 3 others already..great reels they take a beating..if it feels like theres a big difference id try it out myself...thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i already had a Slammer crank on a spinfisher 6500 VI and really liked the feel, so i picked up the ones for the 3500 and 4500.  The original rubber grips are fine, but i like the larger power knob.  But, its really an individual opinion as to what one likes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a slammer handle on my 4500 LL VI and I couldn’t use it on the beach without it. The stock handle that comes with the SSVI in smaller sizes is junk. The power handle is a great upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2022 at 6:22 PM, ProSkateFisherman said:

I have a slammer handle on my 4500 LL VI and I couldn’t use it on the beach without it. The stock handle that comes with the SSVI in smaller sizes is junk. The power handle is a great upgrade.

Was just going to say I did the same with my liveliners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, Finneus said:

Very nice. Do they spin right on or do you need to change any parts out? 

I find that the balance is good. No wobble on my 4500LL with the slammer handle on it. No extra parts needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got a Gomexus power knob/handle assembly for my Spinfisher VI 4500, so far so good. Pretty sure they just started selling these as I had only ever seen just the power knobs in the past. The Gomexus handle is a bit longer than the stock handle. Feels well balanced. 

 

Might feel a little cheap compared to the Slammer 3 4500 handle but I don’t know for sure, only basing it off the much larger handle for my Slammer 3 6500, which is rock solid. For this smaller reel I think it’ll work out just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Finneus said:

Very nice. Do they spin right on or do you need to change any parts out? 

spins right on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, iwantmypie said:

I just got a Gomexus power knob/handle assembly for my Spinfisher VI 4500, so far so good. Pretty sure they just started selling these as I had only ever seen just the power knobs in the past. The Gomexus handle is a bit longer than the stock handle. Feels well balanced. 

 

Might feel a little cheap compared to the Slammer 3 4500 handle but I don’t know for sure, only basing it off the much larger handle for my Slammer 3 6500, which is rock solid. For this smaller reel I think it’ll work out just fine.

Did you need to do any drilling or did it just fit right on? If u could provide link to specific handle that would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iwantmypie said:

I just got a Gomexus power knob/handle assembly for my Spinfisher VI 4500, so far so good. Pretty sure they just started selling these as I had only ever seen just the power knobs in the past. The Gomexus handle is a bit longer than the stock handle. Feels well balanced. 

 

Might feel a little cheap compared to the Slammer 3 4500 handle but I don’t know for sure, only basing it off the much larger handle for my Slammer 3 6500, which is rock solid. For this smaller reel I think it’ll work out just fine.

Yes I think before you had to drill out the stock handle to put the gomex knob on it. That's why I never changed mine out before. These sound like 2 good options now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion but I actually prefer the original knob over the power handle.  I have a slammer 3 6500 HS and switched over to the other knob(same as spinfisher) after using the power handle for a few months. 

 

Not sure if anyone else does this but I retrieve with just my fingertips until I stick a fish.  Always thought it helped me feel fish hitting my plug.  I also have huge hands to that might be part of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

how much is the gomexus handle?  i think i paid around $45 for the penn handle.  i really don't think you can go better than original equipment penn handle. obviously matches the reel perfectly with no drilling or other mods.

Edited by srm413

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, stripahslayah said:

Did you need to do any drilling or did it just fit right on? If u could provide link to specific handle that would be great

Pretty sure I can’t link it here but if you search for Gomexus Spinfisher handle on the Rainforest e-commerce site it’s the first hit you’ll get.

 

No drilling required, straight up handle swap. 
 

$35 compared to the $65-$70 I’ve seen for the Slammer OEM handle online. 

Edited by iwantmypie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fiddlehead said:

 Not sure if anyone else does this but I retrieve with just my fingertips until I stick a fish.  Always thought it helped me feel fish hitting my plug.  I also have huge hands to that might be part of it. 

I also do that, unless I’m fishing something that is larger/heavier and needs more than my fingertips to retrieve. I don’t know if it helps with sensitivity, and I do it just out of habit I think, especially on smaller reels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.