Camhabib

Goose Hummock visit

Rate this topic

93 posts in this topic

Going to be driving by Goose Hummock tomorrow, anything worth checking out or picking up there? Have a very basic set of lures, looking to add some further casting / heavier ones to my arsenal, especially swimming or floating ones. 

37 mins ago, Camhabib said:

Going to be driving by Goose Hummock tomorrow, anything worth checking out or picking up there? Have a very basic set of lures, looking to add some further casting / heavier ones to my arsenal, especially swimming or floating ones. 

They have a good selection to choose from

Well I stopped by today and holy hell they have a lot of stuff. Was surprised to see a case of Visser’s in there, but disappointed no Century rods. They had a case of VERY expensive lures, I couldn’t figure out what they were and didn’t want to bother them with just a curiosity. 

9 hours ago, Camhabib said:

Well I stopped by today and holy hell they have a lot of stuff. Was surprised to see a case of Visser’s in there, but disappointed no Century rods. They had a case of VERY expensive lures, I couldn’t figure out what they were and didn’t want to bother them with just a curiosity. 

:th:I have many long days spent at the Goose:th:

9 hours ago, Camhabib said:

If you were down stairs it was Strategic Angler's

6 mins ago, harley48 said:

If you were down stairs it was Strategic Angler's

Yes! That’s definitely them. What makes them so pricey and more importantly, are they at all worth it?

8 mins ago, Camhabib said:

Yes! That’s definitely them. What makes them so pricey and more importantly, are they at all worth it?

Designed and priced to catch fishermen. And no. :cool:

7 mins ago, bdowning said:

Designed and priced to catch fishermen. And no. :cool:

The most elusive catch of all. 

22 mins ago, Camhabib said:

Merv hand paints every lure, he used to pour the bodies himself but after they took off he outsourced.  They're designed for catching tuna and yes they work and are worth every penny. 

Posted (edited)

The British guy who owns the goose is a complete douche.  Completely disregarded locals when he took over the shop.  Everything and I mean everythinig is more expensive than it should be.  Go to North Chatham Outfitters.  Mike is the original founder of the Goose and is a local.  If not go to Blackbeards in Eastham and Harwich. Another group of local guys.  Going to the Goose is like giving your money to bass pro shops.  The rich get richer.  

Edited by FoulHooker