jjdbike

B&T shop between CT & Scarborough ME please?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Wife & I are on the road to Scarborough ME. I'm planning on doing some fishing in Scarborough ME and then on Plum Island MA. We're currently on the road north and in Vernon CT on the Hartford Turnpike. Can anyone suggest a good B&T shop on our way? I need a couple bait rigs, couple Docs & other plugs, and some bait, potentially other clothing layer, I miscalculated predawn temps (I know, rookie mistake).

Thanks in advance! 

JD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, jjdbike said:

Hey folks,

Wife & I are on the road to Scarborough ME. I'm planning on doing some fishing in Scarborough ME and then on Plum Island MA. We're currently on the road north and in Vernon CT on the Hartford Turnpike. Can anyone suggest a good B&T shop on our way? I need a couple bait rigs, couple Docs & other plugs, and some bait, potentially other clothing layer, I miscalculated predawn temps (I know, rookie mistake).

Thanks in advance! 

JD

Surfland is right there at Plum Island and will take care of everything you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KennebecJake said:

Surfland is right there at Plum Island and will take care of everything you need.

Yes, love Surfland and will stop there for sure.

But... first now we're on our way to Maine. Need something between here (CT) on there on the way.

How about Kittery Trading Post, do they have striper plugs, rigs & bait? I'm guessing they're on the way, but not sure.

JD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Saco bait n tackle is real close to Scarborough, or surf land in plum island. 
cabelas is maybe a 10 minute ride from the bait shop. If your looking for clothes 

Edited by Bwstriper44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bwstriper44 said:

Saco bait n tackle is real close to Scarborough, or surf land in plum island. 
cabelas is maybe a 10 minute ride from the bait shop. If your looking for clothes 

 

1 hour ago, Skunkoff said:

Webhannet Boat Yard in Wells

Saco Bay Tackle in Saco

Tackle Shop in Portland

Thanks folks!

Have Saco Bay Tackle set on the GPS. Looks like its on Rt 1 on the way.

Do they have fresh bait, rigs and striper plugs, like Doc spooks?

Their website store looks like it only has a coupe striper plugs.

JD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 mins ago, jjdbike said:

 

Thanks folks!

Have Saco Bay Tackle set on the GPS. Looks like its on Rt 1 on the way.

Do they have fresh bait, rigs and striper plugs, like Doc spooks?

Their website store looks like it only has a coupe striper plugs.

JD

 

Pretty much everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I agree with everything already said, Crossroads Bait Shop is seconds off Route 95 in Amesbury off Route 110.   If you're already past them, Webhanett is about 2 miles off 95.   When you get to Plum Island Surfland is a no-brainer.   I travel there all the time from Southern Maine.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, jjdbike said:

 

Thanks folks!

Have Saco Bay Tackle set on the GPS. Looks like its on Rt 1 on the way.

Do they have fresh bait, rigs and striper plugs, like Doc spooks?

Their website store looks like it only has a coupe striper plugs.

JD

 

you’ll need to get Docs at The Tackle Shop in Portland. (Fifteen minutes from Scarborough). They don’t carry them at Saco.

 

If you’re in the mood to see Freeport, LL Bean is also under rated for their tackle selection at their flagship store. About 25 from Scarborough. 

Edited by MainelySmallies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.