Some nice bones

Rate this topic

mkus

3 hours ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

Maybe it's because I don't fish New England but this is what I think of whenever I hear somebody say "bone" haha...boenfish.jpg.1ce80715eb30a56af61246019cf06334.jpg

I fish NE and I think the same thing.   

Slang terms are a pet peeve of mine and bring alot of confusion to the fishing world. 

8 hours ago, EBHarvey said:

I find that very hard to believe, assuming those photos are from this season.

Well unless you go out and look for yourselves you’re not gonna find them online my friend spends a lot of time on the water in Rhode Island  and last week  was loaded  according to him that’s why I refrain from saying much on here because  if you spent as much time as my friend does on the water did you find more fish!!!

Edited by mkus

2 hours ago, mkus said:

Well unless you go out and look for yourselves you’re not gonna find them online my friend spends a lot of time on the water in Rhode Island  and last week  was loaded  according to him that’s why I refrain from saying much on here because  if you spent as much time as my friend does on the water did you find more fish!!!

Don't let my natural skepticism dissuade you from sharing stuff like this - that wasn't my intent.  It's just really early for bonito to show up in RI, at least inshore, and I've seen a lot of "I just got these photos from a friend" posts over the years wind up having incorrect details, or the story behind the photos changed as they got passed around the internet.  If you friend really did get into bonito on August 12th, nearshore, in RI, that's awesome.

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

7 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

I fish NE and I think the same thing.   

Slang terms are a pet peeve of mine and bring alot of confusion to the fishing world. 

I’ve caught bonito in July from shore in 2007 at weekapaug and a friend was with me earliest I’ve ever caught them.from shore anywhere 

And a lot of time they’re around but not showing..

This is a pic from 2007 I used to target them every year in August at block but I also used to spend way more time on the water like everyday lol

8E77B085-9662-4757-AD88-2753C554EA31.jpeg

I’m sure if they are around you can get shots at them ftom shore but bonito are not as predictable as Albies by any means they’re there one day maybe two then gone at block when they show at the cut they will keep on showing for days it seem lots of silver sides there …