BrianBM

Top Secret / Secure Compartmentalized Information

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, dena said:

 

Other Presidents didn't have incriminating evidence against the current administration, like President Trump does.

Past Presidents are part of the swamp and they take care of their own.  

 

 

 

National Archives

 

 

 

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting thread - when I retired, the debriefing was that you could say "I was with the DON for x years", but even for a job interview, you were prohibited from discussing your specific work or clearance level, so as to preclude possible predation by foreign actors, foe or ally.  You could discuss your skill set, i.e., developed expertise in computational fluid dynamics, but not how, beyond educational specifics. Be careful what you discuss, folks.  Say the wrong thing, and your pension will disappear, at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Something tells me the former president would not meet the requirements of the PRP program.

fortunately there's way more informed unbiased people who'll solve this... my guess it's a continuation of Jan. 6th and a means to stoke the flames of hatred .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mokes said:

So, you think naming people on here that might have clearance is a good idea?

I'm still working my TS/SCI clearance.  It is a pain in the ass.  Docs are controlled and numbered.  You rarely get to"walk around" with them.  There are procedures for packaging, carry, and courier orders when you do so.  The problem is when the politicians grab them and go.  They do NOT follow the rules...none of them.  

 

  I would seriously doubt Trump will be found to have "document boxes full of them."  It just doesn't work that way.  Compound that withe some SAPs (Special Access Programs) and things get "interesting."  

 

I think this much ado about nothing.  I WILL say though, that I'm about sick of politicians thinking they can flap their dick-beaters with impunity about highly classified projects, methods, and sources.  People die when politicians talk.  No joke.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BrianBM said:

A few things we do know.

1)  A score of boxes, or so, were removed. A little "Confidential," some more "Top Secret," and a lot "Top Secret - Secure Compartmentalized Information Facility."

2)  The National Archives says that Obama took nothing. They have all his documents, period. One facility has the confidential documentation, another has everything else. (Mentioned because, inevitably, claims were made here that Obama had done the same, and worse. No, he didn't.

3)  The question that intrigues me most is why President Trump did this. The second best question is who "ratted him out" (damn, I'm happy he said it that way. Classic Jimmy Cagney gangster-speak.)

4)  The first one gets a separate thread. The second one will be answered when a Mar-A-Lago employee is found dead in a swamp. With a parakeet stuffed in his mouth.

;)

 

 
 

Confidential....*meh.*. I have literally seen stuff I have written show up in the newspaper after certain hits downrange.  Secret....not that big a deal.  TS and up: TS/SCI or SAPs and you have a big deal.  People die.  

 

see above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all.

 

JimP, nice to see you around. When last I heard, you were working on a marinade for buzzards, to prepare them for the smoker. If that works out, I suggest you copyright it, rather than put it up in the Cooking Forum. Nobody outside your professional family is likely to be working on such a project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FlatWing said:

Interesting thread - when I retired, the debriefing was that you could say "I was with the DON for x years", but even for a job interview, you were prohibited from discussing your specific work or clearance level, so as to preclude possible predation by foreign actors, foe or ally.  You could discuss your skill set, i.e., developed expertise in computational fluid dynamics, but not how, beyond educational specifics. Be careful what you discuss, folks.  Say the wrong thing, and your pension will disappear, at the very least.

"DON?"  Department of the Navy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Thank you all.

 

JimP, nice to see you around. When last I heard, you were working on a marinade for buzzards, to prepare them for the smoker. If that works out, I suggest you copyright it, rather than put it up in the Cooking Forum. Nobody outside your professional family is likely to be working on such a project.

Trying to perfect a rattatouie with actual rat.  It's harder than it seems.  Red won't fall for my "Here, try this," anymore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, JimP said:

Confidential....*meh.*. I have literally seen stuff I have written show up in the newspaper after certain hits downrange.  Secret....not that big a deal.  TS and up: TS/SCI or SAPs and you have a big deal.  People die.  

 

see above. 

For the regular smucks doing the actual work, violation of confidential can, under the right circumstances, land your ass in Leavenworth, but definitely gets your ass terminated with loss of pension.  One of my more interesting experiences was I needed to gather heat data and was told it was verboten, model it and use the output without empirical verification.  Less than a week later, a YTvideo popped up in which the "forbidden area" was clearly shown, and not just for a minute - never heard of anyone's ass in a sling, probably because some local Politician put it up there as a "Look how great my district is" banner.  Not up anymore, so someone must have realized the screwed they pooch.  

Edited by FlatWing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KnewBee said:

 

 

CNWDI (Critical Nuclear Weapon Design Information) is different.   During the 80s we had to be in the personnel reliability program where our personal lives were scrutinized to maintain CNWDI clearance.   The PRP was "The Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) is a United States Department of Defense security, medical and psychological evaluation program, designed to permit only the most trustworthy individuals to have access to nuclear weapons (NPRP), chemical weapons (CPRP), and biological weapons (BPRP)." 

 

 

I hated that program, I had no idea what I was getting into when I was "Volunteered" into the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KnewBee said:

TS/SCI is a high classification.  SCI information is maintained in a "SCIF" (sensitive compartmented information facility) which Trump's home is not.

 

The classified information would be serialized (logged with a tracking number) and if ever "declassified" (unlikely) would then be removed from inventory.

 

Secured premises?  A SCIF is very "secure".  No phones, specialized access on need to know basis only. 

 

Additionally, access to TS/SCI requires the individual be "read in" to the "program"  

 

Back in the day, I spent two full days at SUBLANT getting "read into" TS/SCI programs in a very small windowless room.  Signed countless documents and subsequently debriefed with even more document signing and debriefing.     Maintained TS/SCI clearance from 1987 until 2012.  

 

CNWDI (Critical Nuclear Weapon Design Information) is different.   During the 80s we had to be in the personnel reliability program where our personal lives were scrutinized to maintain CNWDI clearance.   The PRP was "The Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) is a United States Department of Defense security, medical and psychological evaluation program, designed to permit only the most trustworthy individuals to have access to nuclear weapons (NPRP), chemical weapons (CPRP), and biological weapons (BPRP)." 

 

Something tells me the former president would not meet the requirements of the PRP program.

Spent two days on a poly once at a particular location wherein I thought the guy was going to pull his hair out in response to my answers to his questions.  I told him not to freak as I was merely answering the F'd-up questions HE was asking!!   I told him if he had an issue with my answers, maybe he should think through the questions first.  That went over like a fart in Church!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimP said:

I'm still working my TS/SCI clearance.  It is a pain in the ass.  Docs are controlled and numbered.  You rarely get to"walk around" with them.  There are procedures for packaging, carry, and courier orders when you do so.  The problem is when the politicians grab them and go.  They do NOT follow the rules...none of them.  

 

  I would seriously doubt Trump will be found to have "document boxes full of them."  It just doesn't work that way.  Compound that withe some SAPs (Special Access Programs) and things get "interesting."  

 

I think this much ado about nothing.  I WILL say though, that I'm about sick of politicians thinking they can flap their dick-beaters with impunity about highly classified projects, methods, and sources.  People die when politicians talk.  No joke.  

Jim,

The irony of it, it was Sleepy Joe Blabbing after Osama Bin Laden was offed about Seal Team 6,

yes it's no secret who it might have been, but these Politicians are surely more concerned with Looking good for the camera than they are for protecting the lives of the men and women do the real work of protecting this country 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fishinthedark said:

Jim,

The irony of it, it was Sleepy Joe Blabbing after Osama Bin Laden was offed about Seal Team 6,

yes it's no secret who it might have been, but these Politicians are surely more concerned with Looking good for the camera than they are for protecting the lives of the men and women do the real work of protecting this country 

Otherwise, it wouldn't have been Leak City under Trump. Washington was an Information Colander then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.