Mark L

To the boat guys

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I’m not a boat guys so not looking for spots. From shore mid day I’ve been seeing blitzes off shore. Just wondering wondering what the bait is and the fish on them?? Peanuts, small blues, Macks ??? Thanks

I was at a reef mid sound, full Sun, middle of the day and there were slot sized bass and 10# blues blitzing for over 3 hours. They were on baby peanuts about 1/2” big. Once we down sized enough it was non-stop. Water temp was 79. Wasn’t expecting slot sized bass given the conditions!

1 min ago, FlukeOff said:

I was at a reef mid sound, full Sun, middle of the day and there were slot sized bass and 10# blues blitzing for over 3 hours. They were on baby peanuts about 1/2” big. Once we down sized enough it was non-stop. Water temp was 79. Wasn’t expecting slot sized bass given the conditions!

That’s crazy to hear.  Thanks

Great news,glad to see a large size group of Bass and blues blitzing at mid day. Hope it continues. Especially with bath tub water temps. I have seen loads of bait all around. Albies can't be far from showing up.

Sunday evening was chasing birds—Thought there may have been Spanish mackerel given the way they were moving. 

5-8 ft humpback surfaced about 30 ft behind me. Heard it before I saw it…unreal experience

2 hours ago, Eye_dock said:

Sunday evening was chasing birds—Thought there may have been Spanish mackerel given the way they were moving. 

5-8 ft humpback surfaced about 30 ft behind me. Heard it before I saw it…unreal experience

Jay it's a baaabbbbyyy freaakkin whheeelll!

Sorry. 1st thing I thought of. 

But that's pretty cool.   What side of the sound?