NHAngler

Pork Rind Storage Juice / Sauce?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I had a bag of Buffs Pork Rinds leak out into my tackle bag. There is very little juice left. Might be enough to not care. However, does anyone know what they use? Is it just saline? Kosher saltwater mix? Or is now a good time to repurpose some old gulp alive juice?

Edited by NHAngler

Posted (edited)

I replace Uncle Josh pork rind juice with water and kosher salt mixture. Heavy on the salt. Been doing it for many years. Pork rind stays perfect.

Edited by VanStaalSteve

1 hour ago, VanStaalSteve said:

I replace Uncle Josh pork rind juice with water and kosher salt mixture. Heavy on the salt. Been doing it for many years. Pork rind stays perfect.

Ever add scent to the mix?

3 hours ago, VanStaalSteve said:

Same. Just dug up my container from 8 years ago. Fine!

Hey Steve,

How do you get your rind off the bucktails at the end of a session? Is there a way without cutting the pork?

2 hours ago, EricDice said:

Same. Just dug up my container from 8 years ago. Fine!

Hey Steve,

How do you get your rind off the bucktails at the end of a session? Is there a way without cutting the pork?

Grab bucktail with one hand and turn pork ring at 45 degree angle. It should back right off hook. If that doesn’t work go 90 degree angle. Pull rind and stretch while pulling. It should come off.