summer doldrums. really slow fishing season?

Rate this topic

occasional_surfcaster

Occasional, looks like you were having a good time I applaud that. Let me make a few suggestions so the fish and the anglers around you have a safer time. If you’re standing in a line of anglers casting be in the same line. I know the GoPro tends to distort things, it appears that you are standing in the middle of the jetty and the fellow to your left is at the edge. That puts him in an unsafe and uncomfortable position. You cannot safely land or release fish from the middle of the jetty, sure you can bounce 1-2 pound fish over the rocks and lob them back but what would you do if you caught a 10 pound fish. 
Jetty fishing has its hazards and you or your fellow anglers can be injured by your actions. Have the proper gear and plan before you get on the rocks. Most important have the proper safe footwear, that means metal spike on the soles of your boots. Korkers, spiked boots etc are necessary if you are going to get near the water on most occasions when jetty fishing. 
You sound like you are relatively new at this and I don’t want to rain on your parade but hope that you take the safety of yourself, those around you and the fish you catch. 

7 hours ago, Goldy said:

I don’t understand the folks with go pros.  Also don’t understand the need to video 2 pound bluefish.  

im sure the meal was good but why film and upload.  

Maybe he enjoys the process of filming and editing videos?  If he likes doing it, then who cares.  Why knock the guy for sharing?

2 mins ago, animalbarrie said:

Maybe he enjoys the process of filming and editing videos?  If he likes doing it, then who cares.  Why knock the guy for sharing?

Because it's super lame.. Because the same people are doing this with bass and bigger blues and then wonder why places are so crowded... i gives up

10 mins ago, Goldy said:

Because it's super lame.. Because the same people are doing this with bass and bigger blues and then wonder why places are so crowded... i gives up

Some people make similar videos and have a slide showing the google maps location with parking directions and everything. it's hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Skunkoff said:

Fixed

Hilarious in that there's so much discourse online about the ethics of sport burning, sharing spots, etc. And then you hop on YouTube and see dudes filming videos of them catching fish and sharing exactly where they caught them and how to get there. Can't help but chuckle. 

2 hours ago, JimmyBean said:

Hilarious in that there's so much discourse online about the ethics of sport burning, sharing spots, etc. And then you hop on YouTube and see dudes filming videos of them catching fish and sharing exactly where they caught them and how to get there. Can't help but chuckle. 

I hear ya.  Laugh at the stupidity but not the actual spot burn.