Harf

Teacher got fed up and quit…

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

29 mins ago, TimS said:

The title is "Teacher got fed up and quit" - I'm not watching the video, but it's pretty obvious the video is what the author intended to be discussed. Whether or not you'll watch the video or click on the link because BB posted it is off topic and personal. If you don't want to watch the video or click on the link because BB posted it is great, but nobody gives a ****, you can keep that personal crap to yourself.

Not sure why you guys struggle so much with "personal and off topic" and what that means. If you guys have questions, please add them to the thread locked to the top of this forum so they can be answered because this round is going to start at 1 month. Eventually we'll get this personal, off topic stuff under control, even if it means it's much quieter in here. 

Again, since the last guy didn't understand - please don't quote or respond to this post. If you have further questions about personal/off topic crap, ask them in the thread at the top of this forum. Thanks.

TimS

The BB in this case refers to Breitbart, the known far right whacko news outlet that produced the video, not a poster here. 

2 mins ago, The Dude said:

The BB in this case refers to Breitbart, the known far right whacko news outlet that produced the video, not a poster here. 

This is what happens when people are too lazy to type out words :dismay:  Also off topic, though, because who posted the video is not the topic and is a favorite liberal derailing tool. Posting to say you aren't going to watch the video when the video is the only thing in the post - is off topic crap. These are simple concepts....so lets stop derailing the thread with more off topic crap, thanks.

10 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

I get what you're saying, and I suggest this understanding that it won't happen, but the real solution here is not to rip our kids out of the schools, but rather, to rip the entire current class of educators out of their careers, replacing them with teachers who actually teach.

It really starts with the school board and their selection of top administrators.

Some school boards in my state are stacked with teachers and relatives of teachers.

Some others, generally in cities, are stacked with social activists.

36 mins ago, TimS said:

This is what happens when people are too lazy to type out words :dismay:  Also off topic, though, because who posted the video is not the topic and is a favorite liberal derailing tool. Posting to say you aren't going to watch the video when the video is the only thing in the post - is off topic crap. These are simple concepts....so lets stop derailing the thread with more off topic crap, thanks.

Is there evidence that this tool/method is only applied by the handful of liberals in this forum that derail? What makes this one tool the favorite among all the other liberal derailing tools?

I recall seeing people on the right asking “is there a question for discussion” when, you know, there wasn’t an actual thread for discussion. I guess that rule went away and a “discussion” is now based upon the content of a video uploaded from a website? If I watch the video I guess I can just make any comments I want about it?

47 mins ago, paddie said:

Is there evidence that this tool/method is only applied by the handful of liberals in this forum that derail? What makes this one tool the favorite among all the other liberal derailing tools?

16 mins ago, Bass2Snook said:

I recall seeing people on the right asking “is there a question for discussion” when, you know, there wasn’t an actual thread for discussion. I guess that rule went away and a “discussion” is now based upon the content of a video uploaded from a website? If I watch the video I guess I can just make any comments I want about it?

I can't believe the both of you are volunteering for a month off by doing EXACTLY what I said not to do in this very ****ing thread just a few posts above yours. Enjoy your month, it starts now. When you PM me to come back in a month, it might take some doing for you to convince me that you magically all the sudden understand what "off topic" means. I literally, in the post that was quoted, asked people to stop making off topic posts in THIS thread - and a few posts prior to that removed someone for continuing to make off topic posts in this thread. I even moved an off topic post from this thread after explaining for a third or fourth time about NOT responding with more off topic crap in this thread. 

Yes, here we are, with two more people responding with more off topic crap in this same thread, even quoting the post where I asked them to stop :dismay: Enjoy your month. 

If anyone else wants to start their month, please respond to this thread with some more off topic crap instead of adding your questions to the thread locked to the top, like I've been asking for two pages :howdy:

TimS

1 hour ago, Steve_in_PA said:

It really starts with the school board and their selection of top administrators.

Some school boards in my state are stacked with teachers and relatives of teachers.

Maybe less Appointees and more Voted in folks would be a solution to start with? 

1 hour ago, Steve_in_PA said:

You're talking about an official, customary process.

I'm talking about a revolutionary type move, where after the teachers are all ripped from their classrooms, the mob decides which ones get to return to their jobs, which ones don't, and which ones are lucky that they're allowed to walk away once their motives/habits have been made public.

I removed Bass2Snooks ban as he said the thread at the top was still locked or he believed it to be still locked when he began posting his question...and it was locked when I first asked people to ask their questions in that thread. Which means I should also remove Paddie's ban, even though he literally quoted my post asking people to stop posting off topic crap in this thread...but just to be fair, I'll remove that ban as well.  

**Sorry, I wrote this post over an hour ago and forgot to post it - so there's been some confusion as to what's going on :laugh:

TimS

5 hours ago, TimS said:

I can't believe the both of you are volunteering for a month off by doing EXACTLY what I said not to do in this very ****ing thread just a few posts above yours. Enjoy your month, it starts now. When you PM me to come back in a month, it might take some doing for you to convince me that you magically all the sudden understand what "off topic" means. I literally, in the post that was quoted, asked people to stop making off topic posts in THIS thread - and a few posts prior to that removed someone for continuing to make off topic posts in this thread. I even moved an off topic post from this thread after explaining for a third or fourth time about NOT responding with more off topic crap in this thread. 

Yes, here we are, with two more people responding with more off topic crap in this same thread, even quoting the post where I asked them to stop :dismay: Enjoy your month. 

If anyone else wants to start their month, please respond to this thread with some more off topic crap instead of adding your questions to the thread locked to the top, like I've been asking for two pages :howdy:

TimS

You're part of the problem. Too arrogant to even see it. I never asked back in here last time and won't be asking this time either. Enjoy the safe space nimby 

5 hours ago, TimS said:

I removed Bass2Snooks ban as he said the thread at the top was still locked or he believed it to be still locked when he began posting his question...and it was locked when I first asked people to ask their questions in that thread. Which means I should also remove Paddie's ban, even though he literally quoted my post asking people to stop posting off topic crap in this thread...but just to be fair, I'll remove that ban as well.  

**Sorry, I wrote this post over an hour ago and forgot to post it - so there's been some confusion as to what's going on :laugh:

TimS

1 hour ago, paddie said:

You're part of the problem. Too arrogant to even see it. I never asked back in here last time and won't be asking this time either. Enjoy the safe space nimby 

You may have spoken too soon.

:wave:

Most teachers are leaving because politicians are catching them in the crosshairs and Covid changes are pushing the educational landscape into places they are not trained for. It’s not good for anyone.