RAW

Chris Sale, another RedSox saga, falls of bike

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

He breaks wrist, now out 4 years. Bloom, says he’ll be back. Did he fall trying to punch something, Oh what year for Sucking Soxs, attendance is down, rating, and I think any player up for contract should prune the “Bloom crap show”

6 mins ago, RAW said:

He breaks wrist, now out 4 years. Bloom, says he’ll be back. Did he fall trying to punch something, Oh what year for Sucking Soxs, attendance is down, rating, and I think any player up for contract should prune the “Bloom crap show”

4 years? Months maybe?

1 min ago, jimmy1956 said:

4 years? Months maybe?

Sorry, 4-6 months but pitched for 4 yrs of any value for the 140 mil

He has been injured for most of any prime years he had under contract here, that's for sure. In the beginning you would always know what night he was going to pitch, just in case he delivered. Very difficult to regain that magic when you haven't played in so long.

Looks like the Sox are back to the Haywood Sullivan/Buddy Leroux/Jean Yawkey era.

42 mins ago, RAW said:

He breaks wrist,

On a positive note, he'll be super fresh for next year. :)

1 hour ago, unskunk said:

In the mean time what do they do, keep him in a bubble?

Buy him a 1 wheel so he can break more and be done, uniforms, tv , bike ! Why not

I've got 4 tickets for early September. They're some of the best seats in the park, 3rd row right behind the home side on-deck circle. 

I'd rather stay home at this point. Going to give them away to the kids or friends.  

While the Red Sox season is over for a number of reasons, I've been trying to find defining image or moment that sort of says it all in terms of capturing the essence of this fall...before today, it was the sight of Aaron Hicks' line drive striking Sale's pinky and ricocheting into right field. Although I don't have an image in my head of what happened and it's somewhat anti climatic given the season is already more or less in ruins, today has taken over that honor

But in saying that, the image of Jarren Duran standing in center field and allowing an inside the park grand slam to take place without him making a single move to retrieve the bass is a top contender as well...a bit off topic but had to get that in there - it's not all on Chris Sale