Canal real estate/rentals

Rate this topic

gray gables

On 8/10/2022 at 8:26 AM, bob_G said:

Canal fishing is about as bad as it gets. But there's good news. Bad fishing has it's benefits.  There's absolutely no one fishing anymore. Some nights it's downright spooky for lack of people. :bat:

OTOH, the shortage of people might make it easier for some of the Canal's famous ghosts, and spooky things, to show themselves at night again. Any new ones?

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

The home directly across the street from me sold for $134,000 in 1999.  It just went on the market last week for $650,000.

Even though she's 100+ years old, I wager she has good bones considering who constructed her.

8 mins ago, bob_G said:

Joe,

The woodwork inside is spectacular.

Ya, I see that, Bob.  You'll not find the likes of that type of quality workmanship in present day modern homes.  Not my style of home, but there are folks out there that do. 

Also, I see yer neighbor with the screened in front porch and above ground pool in his back yard has his hacienda on the market.  

What gives?  Is something happening in your neighborhood that homeowners want out?  

5 mins ago, Joe G said:

Ya, I see that, Bob.  You'll not find the likes of that type of quality workmanship in present day modern homes.  Not my style of home, but there are folks out there that do. 

Also, I see yer neighbor with the screened in front porch and above ground pool in his back yard has his hacienda on the market.  

What gives?  Is something happening in your neighborhood that homeowners want out?  

I think they've all had enough of me.:shaky:

The Sultan of Sluggo

4 hours ago, gray gables said:

My grandmothers house sold in 2019 I think for 710k. What do you think that house is worth now? It’s a very sore subject in our household also. 

Anything with frontage on the Canal has to be worth $1 million or more.

I knew the original owner of this one. He paid something like $11-$12K back in the mid-1960s. The second floor was unfinished. Now Zillow estimates it at $997K. Close enough to a million.

50 Academy Dr, Bourne, MA 02532 | Zillow

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

4 hours ago, gray gables said:

My grandmothers house sold in 2019 I think for 710k. What do you think that house is worth now? It’s a very sore subject in our household also. 

Zillow puts an estimate of $1,129,800 on your grandmothers house. 

1 hour ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Anything with frontage on the Canal has to be worth $1 million or more.

I knew the original owner of this one. He paid something like $11-$12K back in the mid-1960s. The second floor was unfinished. Now Zillow estimates it at $997K. Close enough to a million.

50 Academy Dr, Bourne, MA 02532 | Zillow

My old friend John Cinelli's old house. I was inside dozens of times. I caught a lot of fish off that beach.

The Sultan of Sluggo

22 hours ago, gray gables said:

I remember watching guys fish off that beach. Is it accessible and can you swim there? 

John Cinelli's daughter, Nancy, swam there all the time. Of course, they owned the beach. ;)

As far as accessibility, there was once a sign marking a right of way, but it disappeared at least 40 years ago.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver