gray gables

Canal real estate/rentals

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

My mom just informed me of a house directly on the canal that was rented for june and july of this year. 4k a week for june and 4900 for a week in july. House was totally booked for both months, yowser!

Great year to rent if you like to jog, bike or roller blade the canal. No fish. Practically no fishermen. No blood stained, crime scenes on the canal road. No rotting racks in the woods to stink up the canal road.  :)

19 mins ago, gray gables said:

My mom just informed me of a house directly on the canal that was rented for june and july of this year. 4k a week for june and 4900 for a week in july. House was totally booked for both months, yowser!

On Jefferson?  I'm not surprised.

I know of one down Jefferson way that is being marketed at $25,000 a month.

29 mins ago, gray gables said:

4900 for a week in july.

That's almost as much as I've got into my truck camper. And I could stay over 6 months if I wanted to.  

Posted (edited)

15 mins ago, Joe G said:

know of one down Jefferson way that is being marketed at $25,000 a month.

For the canal? $25K to watch fishermen peeing in the bushes, fighting over a rock for schoolies and bleeding out fish on the road. No thx. If I'm paying that much, I want a secluded beach front on the Vineyard or the Outer Cape.

Edited by zak-striper

47 mins ago, Joe G said:

On Jefferson?  I'm not surprised.

I know of one down Jefferson way that is being marketed at $25,000 a month.

yes, right next door to my grams old house. 

33 mins ago, zak-striper said:

For the canal? $25K to watch fishermen peeing in the bushes, fighting over a rock for schoolies and bleeding out fish on the road. No thx. If I'm paying that much, I want a secluded beach front on the Vineyard or the Outer Cape.

where he's talking about is pretty private. If it's the one I'm thinking about.

2 mins ago, gray gables said:

where he's talking about is pretty private. If it's the one I'm thinking about.

Yeah, but it's still right next to the canal. Not worth it.

I just had a listing pop up for an ocean access lot (0.6 acres) on cape for just under $2M. Renting, even at $4k / week, seems downright reasonable compared to those prices.

1 hour ago, zak-striper said:

None of that activity goes on at this property. As gray gables pointed out, it’s pretty private and it wouldn’t surprise me if the perimeter of said property was alarmed in some manner. 

3 mins ago, Joe G said:

None of that activity goes on at this property. As gray gables pointed out, it’s pretty private and it wouldn’t surprise me if the perimeter of said property was alarmed in some manner. 

which property is this? The one all the way at the end of jefferson rd? 

1 min ago, gray gables said:

which property is this? The one all the way at the end of jefferson rd? 

Unsure where Jefferson ends, but there is a land day beacon erected on said property or the rip rap. 

6 mins ago, Joe G said:

Unsure where Jefferson ends, but there is a land day beacon erected on said property or the rip rap. 

All the way at the point. I've fished out front of it in my teens. It's been thru multiple owners. Place has flooded before also. 

9 hours ago, zak-striper said:

Great year to rent if you like to jog, bike or roller blade the canal. No fish. Practically no fishermen. No blood stained, crime scenes on the canal road. No rotting racks in the woods to stink up the canal road.  :)

Sounds lovely, to be honest. I might actually fish it if that's the case. I'll be happy with a peaceful night maybe catching a schoolie or two so long as I'm not getting mugged by the drunken social media crew...

Canal fishing is about as bad as it gets. But there's good news. Bad fishing has it's benefits.  There's absolutely no one fishing anymore. Some nights it's downright spooky for lack of people. :bat: