FBI Raids Mar-A-Lago

Rate this topic

Maine Guide

6 hours ago, Mokes said:

Yeah, I'm sure Trump was hand picking Nuclear docs to take to Mar a Lago. Makes perfect sense. 

This is sounding a lot like a setup.

Mulvaney: FBI Informant ‘Really Close’ to Trump; 6-8 People Knew About Mar-a-Lago Safe

Pam Key 11 Aug 2022

Former White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said Thursday on CNN’s “New Day” that someone very close to former President Donald Trump must have been the FBI informant.

Keilar asked, “This is someone with knowledge inside who told the feds that there was additional material at Mar-a-Lago, directed them where it should be, clearly was concerned enough to tell them this information they should have besides the 15 boxes of material they got in the winter. Does that change your mind? Is that now sufficient when you have someone actually aligned with him drawing the attention of the feds to these documents?”

Mulvaney said, “It certainly is worthwhile and worth noting, no question. It would be valid on getting a search warrant or part of getting a search warrant. The other thing the FBI had to establish, however, was that those documents were in imminent risk of being destroyed or removed from the location. Unless they had evidence that Trump was directing people to destroy documents, and if he was doing that now, why wasn’t he doing that six months ago?”

He added, “When the FBI has the track record it has, in the recent past, about dealing with Republicans, the burden is on them to show that they are absolutely on the up and up. And releasing that affidavit is something they can and should do.”

Keilar asked, “How close do you think that person in Trump’s orbit would have had to be to know these details about where the documents were?”

Mulvaney said, “Really close. I didn’t even know there was a safe at Mar-a-Lago, and I was the chief of staff for 15 months. This would be someone who was handling things on day to day, who knew where documents were, so it would be somebody very close to the president. My guess is there is probably six or eight people who had that kind of information. I don’t know the people on the inside circle these days, so I can’t give any names of folks who come to mind, but your instinct, I think, is a good one. If you know where the safe is, and you know the documents are in 10 boxes in the basement, you’re pretty close to the president.”

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2022 at 10:45 AM, fish'nmagician said:

I feel that 95% of SOL Republicans active in the PG fall into 3 catagories,

dumbass trolls who just troll for the sake of trolling, like raider,

Guys who know better but push the propaganda 24x7 hoping to misinform stupid people, like spaz,

the stupid people that Spaz hopes to misinform, like sammich and maine guy.

Gee, I must be working wonders on half the U.s population according to this poll. Even after Mara Lago raid, Trump still beats Biden and half the country still sees the triad as a politically motIvated abuse of power. 

Trump-hating Miami Herald: 

Did the FBI’s Mar-a-Lago raid change support for Trump? What a new poll found

The FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago, former President Donald Trump’s Florida residence, appears to have not impacted his future election chances with voters, according to a new poll. 

If the 2024 election were held today, 45% of survey respondents said they would vote for Trump; 42% would choose President Joe Biden, and 13% said they are unsure, according to the September Harvard-CAPS Harris Poll, conducted by the Center for American Political Studies at Harvard (CAPS) and the Harris Poll, released Sept. 13.

Additionally, when asked if the Republican presidential primary were held today, 33% said they would vote for Donald Trump. Meanwhile, 10% said they’d pick Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, widely seen as a rising star within the party. Rounding out some other notable names, 9% of respondents would choose former Vice President Mike Pence; 3% chose former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley; and Sens. Ted Cruz, Tim Scott and Marco Rubio each garnered 2% of support, according to the poll.

The survey, conducted online between September 7 and 8, polled 1,854 registered voters across the nation, and the results reflect a representative sample, according to the survey’s methodology.

The results from the poll also show that voters are largely split down the middle on questions related to what they believe were the raid’s motivations.

A slim majority, 51%, of voters believe the FBI raid was a politically motivated use of police force, while 49% believe it was “as required by Justice Department protocols,” according to the survey. The FBI’s search warrant said they were searching the former’s president’s Florida residence to investigate whether he had mishandled classified documents in violation of three criminal statutes.

Respondents were similarly split when asked if they thought the Justice Department was “really seeking just classified documents and presidential records, or was it using the warrant to carry out a fishing expedition.” Forty-eight percent believe the operation was above board, while 52% believe the FBI was trying to find other materials to use against Trump.

A more substantial majority, 60% of respondents, said they think the Justice Department should have resolved matters in court as opposed to seizing documents using a warrant. Similarly, 58% of polled voters believe the appointment of a special master, ordered by a federal judge on September 5, to review items taken from Mar-a-Lago is a reasonable decision, according to the survey.

Additionally, 53% of respondents believe Biden’s White House staff was involved in the FBI search and broader Justice Department investigation into Trump, while 47% believe the matter is entirely independent of the White House. Biden has said that he did not have any advance notice of the raid.

This story was originally published  September 14, 2022 10:12 AM.

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

On 8/12/2022 at 1:21 PM, flyangler said:

Mulvaney: FBI Informant ‘Really Close’ to Trump; 6-8 People Knew About Mar-a-Lago Safe

Pam Key 11 Aug 2022

Former White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said Thursday on CNN’s “New Day” that someone very close to former President Donald Trump must have been the FBI informant.

Keilar asked, “This is someone with knowledge inside who told the feds that there was additional material at Mar-a-Lago, directed them where it should be, clearly was concerned enough to tell them this information they should have besides the 15 boxes of material they got in the winter. Does that change your mind? Is that now sufficient when you have someone actually aligned with him drawing the attention of the feds to these documents?”

Mulvaney said, “It certainly is worthwhile and worth noting, no question. It would be valid on getting a search warrant or part of getting a search warrant. The other thing the FBI had to establish, however, was that those documents were in imminent risk of being destroyed or removed from the location. Unless they had evidence that Trump was directing people to destroy documents, and if he was doing that now, why wasn’t he doing that six months ago?”

He added, “When the FBI has the track record it has, in the recent past, about dealing with Republicans, the burden is on them to show that they are absolutely on the up and up. And releasing that affidavit is something they can and should do.”

Keilar asked, “How close do you think that person in Trump’s orbit would have had to be to know these details about where the documents were?”

Mulvaney said, “Really close. I didn’t even know there was a safe at Mar-a-Lago, and I was the chief of staff for 15 months. This would be someone who was handling things on day to day, who knew where documents were, so it would be somebody very close to the president. My guess is there is probably six or eight people who had that kind of information. I don’t know the people on the inside circle these days, so I can’t give any names of folks who come to mind, but your instinct, I think, is a good one. If you know where the safe is, and you know the documents are in 10 boxes in the basement, you’re pretty close to the president.”

14 hours ago, flyangler said:

Gee, I must be working wonders on half the U.s population according to this poll. Even after Mara Lago raid, Trump still beats Biden and half the country still sees the triad as a politically motIvated abuse of power. 

Trump-hating Miami Herald: 

Did the FBI’s Mar-a-Lago raid change support for Trump? What a new poll found

The FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago, former President Donald Trump’s Florida residence, appears to have not impacted his future election chances with voters, according to a new poll. 

If the 2024 election were held today, 45% of survey respondents said they would vote for Trump; 42% would choose President Joe Biden, and 13% said they are unsure, according to the September Harvard-CAPS Harris Poll, conducted by the Center for American Political Studies at Harvard (CAPS) and the Harris Poll, released Sept. 13.

Additionally, when asked if the Republican presidential primary were held today, 33% said they would vote for Donald Trump. Meanwhile, 10% said they’d pick Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, widely seen as a rising star within the party. Rounding out some other notable names, 9% of respondents would choose former Vice President Mike Pence; 3% chose former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley; and Sens. Ted Cruz, Tim Scott and Marco Rubio each garnered 2% of support, according to the poll.

The survey, conducted online between September 7 and 8, polled 1,854 registered voters across the nation, and the results reflect a representative sample, according to the survey’s methodology.

The results from the poll also show that voters are largely split down the middle on questions related to what they believe were the raid’s motivations.

A slim majority, 51%, of voters believe the FBI raid was a politically motivated use of police force, while 49% believe it was “as required by Justice Department protocols,” according to the survey. The FBI’s search warrant said they were searching the former’s president’s Florida residence to investigate whether he had mishandled classified documents in violation of three criminal statutes.

Respondents were similarly split when asked if they thought the Justice Department was “really seeking just classified documents and presidential records, or was it using the warrant to carry out a fishing expedition.” Forty-eight percent believe the operation was above board, while 52% believe the FBI was trying to find other materials to use against Trump.

A more substantial majority, 60% of respondents, said they think the Justice Department should have resolved matters in court as opposed to seizing documents using a warrant. Similarly, 58% of polled voters believe the appointment of a special master, ordered by a federal judge on September 5, to review items taken from Mar-a-Lago is a reasonable decision, according to the survey.

Additionally, 53% of respondents believe Biden’s White House staff was involved in the FBI search and broader Justice Department investigation into Trump, while 47% believe the matter is entirely independent of the White House. Biden has said that he did not have any advance notice of the raid.

This story was originally published  September 14, 2022 10:12 AM.

I don't think so.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

3 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

I don't think so.

Thank god most do not care what you think.

There's no need to blow smoke up my ass as a lengthy preamble to your insulting another person. It doesn't fool anyone and it doesn't garner any favor.

TimS ---Tim To Otshawytsha October 16 2018 #3956

• 1 year later...

What field office was the raid operated out of? 

FBI Miami Field Office Chief ‘Vocally Anti-Trump.’

The whistleblower disclosure to the House Judiciary Committee, obtained by The Washington Times, said FBI Director Christopher Wray, Deputy Director Paul Abbate, and Executive Assistant Director Jennifer Moore ordered Veltri to scrub his “adamantly and vocally anti-Trump” remarks from his social media accounts in order to get a promotion.

“The home of President Donald Trump is located in the area of responsibility of the Miami Field Office,” the disclosure obtained by the Times read. “It was well known that Veltri was adamantly and vocally Anti-Trump.”

Sure, that’s why he got the job. They just don’t want you to know it.

- Victor Davis Hanson 

1 hour ago, fishnmagician said:

most law enforcement officers don't like criminals.

So if what you think is true of LEOs, why did FBI leadership have to have this guy delete his “patriotic” anti-Trump opinions? If his opinions were mainstream for patriotic lawmen, why the concern for the optics? 

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Optics is of the highest importance within this administration.

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

On 11/21/2023 at 11:58 AM, fishnmagician said:

most law enforcement officers don't like criminals.

for patriotic americans not liking trump is a rational conclusion to knowing Trump and what he has done

for MAGA not liking Trump is a punishable offense.

Plus,Trump is a Russian Puppet. 

2 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Meanwhile in reality..

Joe Biden was being paid by China to help China advance its initiatives 

Yep. 

Someone should create a conspiracy theory (I.e LIE) about the failing Biden criminal enterprise being bailed out by Chinese oligarchs with money laundered through the Bank of China and then Biden was forced to run for President, AND WIN, and now Biden owes Xi and he’s a Chinese puppet. 

Sounds crazy, huh?

15 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

Yep. 

Someone should create a conspiracy theory (I.e LIE) about the failing Biden criminal enterprise being bailed out by Chinese oligarchs with money laundered through the Bank of China and then Biden was forced to run for President, AND WIN, and now Biden owes Xi and he’s a Chinese puppet. 

Sounds crazy, huh?

Ha!!!   Little Fwankie is probably spanking it to this at this very moment.