Fishhead7

Trump home raided by FBI

Rate this topic

2,283 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, The Dude said:

This seems like it could have been easily avoided if Trump simply had not removed documents or handed them over when asked.

Do you think he was personally involved in sorting documents at the WH in December 2022?

21 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

Bald-faced lie.  Absolute falsehood.  The FBI DID NOT raid the home of a former US President without the approval of the current President.  No way, no day.

Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schiff, and Nadler all knew, as a minimum.  Anyone who believes otherwise as a flat-out moron.

To be honest they could have told him, and he just would not remember.

4 mins ago, The Dude said:

This seems like it could have been easily avoided if Trump simply had not removed documents or handed them over when asked.

Was being negotiated since 2021.

"NARA had ongoing communications with the representatives of former President Trump throughout 2021, which resulted in the transfer of 15 boxes to NARA in January 2022," David Ferriero, who served as NARA director from November 2009 until April, wrote to House Oversight Committee Chair Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., in response to an inquiry in February.

"Early August 2022

This month, following the break-down of negotiations between the DOJ and Trump, federal investigators decide to pursue a search warrant to obtain classified government materials the former president still possessed.

On Aug. 5, prosecutors submit an affidavit requesting a search warrant. A federal magistrate judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida then approves the search warrant.

On Aug. 8, FBI agents execute the raid and obtain an unknown number of documents from Trump's Mar-a-Lago home."

11 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

Let em.  It’ll just be their newest “I’m stupid” poster.  You’d think at some point they’d get insulted by their leaders displaying total disrespect for their intelligence, but I guess that just means their leaders are right.

What "intelligence"?

2 mins ago, Dogfish Between Jetties said:

Was being negotiated since 2021.

"NARA had ongoing communications with the representatives of former President Trump throughout 2021, which resulted in the transfer of 15 boxes to NARA in January 2022," David Ferriero, who served as NARA director from November 2009 until April, wrote to House Oversight Committee Chair Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., in response to an inquiry in February.

"Early August 2022

This month, following the break-down of negotiations between the DOJ and Trump, federal investigators decide to pursue a search warrant to obtain classified government materials the former president still possessed.

On Aug. 5, prosecutors submit an affidavit requesting a search warrant. A federal magistrate judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida then approves the search warrant.

On Aug. 8, FBI agents execute the raid and obtain an unknown number of documents from Trump's Mar-a-Lago home."

Negotiations obviously stalled. Hence the raid. If they did a better job in working with the National Archives folks, this could have been easily avoided as I said before. 

2 mins ago, The Dude said:

Negotiations obviously stalled. Hence the raid. If they did a better job in working with the National Archives folks, this could have been easily avoided as I said before. 

Why did negotiations stall?

3 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

Throw his corrupt ass in jail? 

What's the charges and where's the evidence...and when was the trial?

1 min ago, TimS said:

What's the charges and where's the evidence...and when was the trial?

Donald Trump many times called for people to be locked up with no charges and no trial

example Lock her up.....

2 hours ago, EBHarvey said:

Watch, they won't suffer the embarassment of finding nothing.  

That's the best part of throwing everyone out of the place before you 'search' - you can find anything you want :idea:

If Donald Trump suckered these idiots into conducting a raid at his house, only to find nothing of consequence, then I will be forced to vote for him.

1 hour ago, eddy said:

Sandy Berger was sloppy.

62f3b177175a7_Screenshot2022-08-10at09-23-51SANDYBERGERLUCKEDOUT.png.ae69022f96c7211b19a5b365b1c9fc32.png

I remember when democrats didn't care about that at all.   They still dont

40 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

Bald-faced lie.  Absolute falsehood.  The FBI DID NOT raid the home of a former US President without the approval of the current President.  No way, no day.

Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schiff, and Nadler all knew, as a minimum.  Anyone who believes otherwise as a flat-out moron.

I agree. The news did get a mumble from Pelosi, which sounded like a denial of knowledge of some kind. 

They're all lying, that's for sure. No way you raid a former president's residence without the current administration knowing about it. If that is true, the government is more dysfunctional than we thought. Heads would have to roll at the DOJ. 

4 mins ago, superstriper said:

Donald Trump many times called for people to be locked up with no charges and no trial

example Lock her up.....

He did?

He said.. "lock her up with no charges or a trial".

I dont think that happened