Fishhead7

Trump home raided by FBI

Rate this topic

2,283 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, ihocky2 said:

Unless he refused to turn anything over I don't see the need for the FBI. 

A Republican FBI director appointed by Trump ok'ed the search. A judge, Bruce Reinhart, appointed by Turmp in '18, signed the warrant. A conservative AG general, Garland, most likely signed off on the search as well.

In order for a warrant to be issued, there has to be significant probably cause of a crime being committed. And there has to be significant probably cause that the evidence is present.

And these criteria are just for Joe Average.

In order for all of this to happen, to a former U.S. president, which hasn't been done before, the amount of certainty that there was a crime committed had to be overwhelmingly.  Especially because of the optics of this search. It had to be airtight and a slam dunk. Every legal pundit is confirming this.

From KnewBee

“I seriously doubt DoJ would have sought the warrant if there are not charges pending.  Hope he fries and is banned from ever running for any public office.  Just go away already ya loser”

you been living under a rock for the last 6 years,Russia, Russia Russia thing  2 fauxpeachments, then trying to tie him to Jan 6 

And you seriously think charges 

are pending ….

Wow ….TDS hardcore 

1 hour ago, GeoffT said:

You’re thinking of Bill Barr who was clearly more loyal to Trump than our country as AG.   Until 1/6 anyway.  

But nice try.  

^^^Silly  easily debunked statement ^^^

32 mins ago, TimS said:

Nope, I’d be perfectly fine if they allowed just one, single legal representative of Trump’s to witness the ‘collection’.  Just one. 

Did they break the law in doing so?

I suspect the raid is more political than criminal, we shall see.

If there is an up side to this maybe it will put an end to what I have called The Presidents Club, the cover ups or crimes committed by a previous administration are ignored by the new administration. I suspect, like Harry Reed's nuclear option, the dems will be squealing when the next rep administration raids the Biden crime family.

35 mins ago, zak-striper said:

When Joe average has the police or FBI come knockin' on their door, how often do you think they have a lawyer present? It's a safe bet it's probably <5%, if that many.

From what I've read, it sounds like Trump was in communication with the authorities about the stolen classified documents, so he was aware to some extent, they'd come looking for them, hence the probability that he conveniently had a lawyer present when the FBI showed up.

I guarantee Trump had a mole inside that was leaking info to the FBI telling them there was something there, knowing all well they would do something like this. He knows there's nothing there to find and he will use this massive government/personal vendetta gone bad to revamp the base. YOU watch. 12D chess unfolded before our very eyes

34 mins ago, Markushook said:

You just said you have no idea, you just regurgitated what you heard. That they were classified.

Do you, really know if they were classified? 

So a federal judge signed off on a search warrant to collect scrapbooks and laundry receipts?

9 mins ago, paddie said:

I guarantee Trump had a mole inside that was leaking info to the FBI telling them there was something there, knowing all well they would do something like this. He knows there's nothing there to find and he will use this massive government/personal vendetta gone bad to revamp the base. YOU watch. 12D chess unfolded before our very eyes

It's not like Trump hasn't been a few steps ahead of everyone else for years ;)

27 mins ago, zak-striper said:

A Republican FBI director appointed by Trump ok'ed the search. A judge, Bruce Reinhart, appointed by Turmp in '18, signed the warrant. A conservative AG general, Garland, most likely signed off on the search as well.

In order for a warrant to be issued, there has to be significant probably cause of a crime being committed. And there has to be significant probably cause that the evidence is present.

And these criteria are just for Joe Average.

In order for all of this to happen, to a former U.S. president, which hasn't been done before, the amount of certainty that there was a crime committed had to be overwhelmingly.  Especially because of the optics of this search. It had to be airtight and a slam dunk. Every legal pundit is confirming this.

^this

queue ‘Deep State Derp’

3 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Whether or not Obama (it started for real with him), Biden and the Left have corrupted many Federal entities has nothing to do with Trump's psychotic tendencies.

Current GOP mythology places the corruption of law enforcement before that. The Clintons were supposed to have murdered scores, and possibly hundreds, in Arkansas. They did it to make sure that no one found out about earlier murders, as well as crooked commercial dealings like Whitewater. *  A former member posted the list, and it was adopted here with enthusiasm.

Investigated by Ken Starr, nothing found.

2 mins ago, Bass2Snook said:

So a federal judge signed off on a search warrant to collect scrapbooks and laundry receipts?

That not the version the judge heard, but that is what was actually in the boxes before the switcheroo. 

3 hours ago, Sqwiddig said:

I almost don't want to say this because schadenfreude isn't my thing, but I am going to laugh like hell if it turns out the judge who signed the warrant was appointed by Trump. 

We'll probably know who signed the warrant within a couple of days. Yes, if it's a Trump appointee, it would be funny.

2 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Any official presidential correspondence, memo, note, letter, etc..  REGARDLESS of classification falls under the Act that he violated.  Doesn't matter if they were classified or unclassified.  If they are official (presidential duties related so maybe not love letters to Kim), then they cannot be taken home after you lose the election

I seriously doubt DoJ would have sought the warrant if there are not charges pending.  Hope he fries and is banned from ever running for any public office.  Just go away already ya loser

Search warrants can issue in an investigation whether charges are pending, or even brought at all. That is, of course, normal practice. In this case, which is anything but normal, the DoJ probably does think that it has a case already.

Posted (edited)

8 mins ago, Bass2Snook said:

The FISA warrant was granted for less. So it 

wouldnt surprise me. 

Edited by Markushook