cityevader

Ever shoot a bullet with a bullet, while still inside the gun?

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

The 7th round into 10 had smoke shoot out sideways.

It failed to eject and simply racked another round and Bam-o.

(A .22 Savage 64)

You'd think they'd make that impossible to happen in the first place?

IMG_20220805_140544.jpg.5394095f7dd0100113ec7f42d06fa219.jpg

IMG_20220806_085428.jpg.acfaee4f07229fc008e792ff9eef9f63.jpgIMG_20220806_091112.jpg.ab708cc38bbd71863e231958e7f19b51.jpg

It is called a stovepipe.

Copy and paste 

Stovepipes can be caused by a malfunctioning or defective extractor or ejector, or when the shooter does not hold the firearm firmly enough for the action to function fully, known as limp wristing, or due to reloads that are not sufficiently powerful to fully cycle the action, etc.

33 mins ago, Kml said:

Copy and paste 

Stovepipes can be caused by a malfunctioning or defective extractor or ejector, or when the shooter does not hold the firearm firmly enough for the action to function fully, known as limp wristing, or due to reloads that are not sufficiently powerful to fully cycle the action, etc.

Stovepipes are when the casing gets caught and the shell sticks out of the chamber like a stovepipe.

City....you fired a round and it never left the barrel and then fired another round into that one. KoQ is right....you're very lucky it didn't explode the gun.

I've had one true squib (not in gun in OP) versus many light-fires, and the sound it made versus a actual fired round- even a very light fire that truly fired- was very audibly different.

Plus, um, there was no lead stuck in the barrel, so not a squib...and since no spent casing sticking out, it's not a stove pipe.

Just a FTE getting butt-rammed.

1 hour ago, cityevader said:

I've had one true squib (not in gun in OP) versus many light-fires, and the sound it made versus a actual fired round- even a very light fire that truly fired- was very audibly different.

Plus, um, there was no lead stuck in the barrel, so not a squib...and since no spent casing sticking out, it's not a stove pipe.

Just a FTE getting butt-rammed.

Ahh....didn't see the last pic. Just the shell. Still, pressures and all. You should give me all your guns. 

2 hours ago, Kml said:

Copy and paste 

Kev, that is NOT a stove pipe.

Actually, the slide must have been nearly all the back when it fired that second one...with an un-contained casing it really should have exploded, I guess...but it's a rimfire.

Note the peeled back neck where it crimps the lead...it's completely folded backwards on itself. Seems combustion gases exited there instead of exploding.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Mokes said:

City....you fired a round and it never left the barrel and then fired another round into that one. KoQ is right....you're very lucky it didn't explode the gun.

Not with a .22.

I experimented with .22s in all types of ways.

Just not much power.

Main cause of injury is brass fragments.

Edited by Steve_in_PA

11 hours ago, cityevader said:

Actually, the slide must have been nearly all the back when it fired that second one...with an un-contained casing it really should have exploded, I guess...but it's a rimfire.

Note the peeled back neck where it crimps the lead...it's completely folded backwards on itself. Seems combustion gases exited there instead of exploding.

Did the second round, the one held in the bolt, fire?