Otter

Eighty seven thousand

Rate this topic

394 posts in this topic

Just now, crazybellringer said:

Did trump appoint the guy asking for this money and incharge of the irs?

Thats all you need to know republicans doing what they do.

Ass baby.  

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Jeez, you are really a moron aren't you. Got roads? Got police" Got Armed forces? Taxes pay for these. Taxes are the price of civilization. You don't like it? Move to a freaking deserted island

The problem is the middle class pays for all of it. The rich have loop holes and the poor get hand outs. After a while it gets old seeing 35%-40% of what you bust your balls making, go to the govt. 

10 mins ago, drc said:

The problem is the middle class pays for all of it. The rich have loop holes and the poor get hand outs. After a while it gets old seeing 35%-40% of what you bust your balls making, go to the govt. 

I recently watched milton friedman talking about the progressive tax system(admittedly many years ago with william f buckley) claiming that "the rich" pay so little taxes that a flat rate of 19% for everyone would raise the same revenue as the "progressive" system. I wonder how it would work out today.

1 hour ago, rollincoal said:

I recently watched milton friedman talking about the progressive tax system(admittedly many years ago with william f buckley) claiming that "the rich" pay so little taxes that a flat rate of 19% for everyone would raise the same revenue as the "progressive" system. I wonder how it would work out today.

Yea. There's a reason the flat tax will never happen. Ask everyone in the Senate and Congress. 

17 hours ago, Joe said:

Jeez, you are really a moron aren't you. Got roads? Got police" Got Armed forces? Taxes pay for these. Taxes are the price of civilization. You don't like it? Move to a freaking deserted island

you left off, feeding crack heads children,  giving them free houses and rides, feeding and housing illegal immigrants and criminals,  we don't need more prisons, we need more rope.

but you allready knew that.

17 hours ago, Joe said:

Youre dumb

On 8/12/2022 at 11:02 AM, GeoffT said:

That 87,000 estimate thrown around on social media is just a scare tactic where anti-IRS people are getting bent out of shape because the new IRS enforcement fund is about making sure rich people and corporations pay what they owe instead of constantly cheating.  

Rich people dont pay taxes

On 8/11/2022 at 3:24 PM, Joe said:

of course we all know that there isn't going to be an additional 87k IRS folks...  That's an approximate total of all IRS with some new hires

A flat tax would be a lot cheaper, more effective and easier for everybody with much less irs. 

12 mins ago, Dave588 said:

A flat tax would be a lot cheaper, more effective and easier for everybody with much less irs. 

And exactly why congress would never allow it. 

17 hours ago, Joe said:

Dont have a problem paying fair share, but i have a problem having my hard earned money go to needless studies, funding witch hunts, paying for chauffers so politicians can promote erasing history and tearing down statues, funding irans nuclear arsenal, giving illegals a stimulus..etc.

Our roads and bridges are well funded. The politicians just dont know how to divert any more of it for their pet projects so now they want to squeeze the sponge dry.   How are 87k armed untrained irs agents going door to door any different than the kings army going around beheading folks and taking their last pennies.

Put all those  congress folks in one room with them first and we could probably pay the national debt off .

3 hours ago, Baccigalup said:

How are 87k armed untrained irs agents going door to door any different than the kings army going around beheading folks and taking their last pennies.

The level of stupid is impressive :clap:

5 mins ago, PeterO said:

So this time of calling everyone else paranoid and stupid is going to be different?  

I mean, every other time your side has done this it turned out that the "stupid" were on to something.  

16 mins ago, PeterO said:

We will bookmark this  and wait for the agents to hit the streets to see how impressive it is.

4 mins ago, Baccigalup said:

We will bookmark this  and wait for the agents to hit the streets to see how impressive it is.

i seen 3 irs agents riding big wheels and eating ice cream outside of city hall yesterday. Look out boys