KnewBee

The Fleet and Fish

5 posts in this topic

After 8 years of Kayak fishing, decided to expand my fleet.  Each has a purpose, but favorite aspect is the ability to share the experience with friends and family.   A neighbor has joined me in the Outbacks several times and loves getting on the redfish.  He is seriously considering pulling the trigger on his own.   2018 Outback, 2020 Outback and now the Lynx

I says, "hey, lets take your wife out".  So we did.  Friend used the Lynx to compare to the Outback and we put his wife in the Cadilac.  Sure nuff, she hooks up with a 26 inch Redfish and the tow begins.  Fortunately, she was towed toward open water and not into the docks.  Some assistance later and almost lost redfish with attached lip Grip (netted for the save prior to taking off).  It turned out to be a dual hook up and they were both stoked.   I managed a keeper myself.

20220805_170626.jpg

Inked20220806_173133_LI.jpg

IMG_8560.jpg

Nice! Always great to open people's eyes to a new sport. I took a very old buddy out for pleasure paddle on the S shore of Long Island on Saturday to show him what I do. Damn there was a crap ton of boats out there making nasty wakes. I'll take the waters around NYC any day!

What niche does the Lynx fill ? I can see one possibly in my future but $3k seems like a lot for a jazzed up sup right now .  

20 mins ago, connman said:

What niche does the Lynx fill ? I can see one possibly in my future but $3k seems like a lot for a jazzed up sup right now .  

There are several launches that I like.  Very remote, very tight.  The Lynx makes it so easy to launch from these places.   That and it is so very light that I can just carry it like a surfboard.

Will be my freshwater platform with potential to go anywhere

Yep the weight is what appeals to me too, hadn’t thought about surfboard carry , that would open a whole lot of hidden ponds to me too. Do you carry everything else in a backpack to get to your launch?