Camping forum: surprise rain event quick hack

Rate this topic

cityevader

2 mins ago, HopHead said:

I think the OP is on the lam.....that's the only explanation for the rake and ice chiseler where there's nothing to rake and no ice.

it helps him rearrange the rocks under the bridge 

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

funny what's normal to some is odd to others.

A pick axe would be what most people think of for what I was doing...but the soil here is simply loose fluffy compost above rock. Roots criss-crossing the soil is the tough part. Simply chop straight down to get the edges and to set the depth, then "chop" horizontally to set to floor, then rake all the loose stuff to the side. 

No shovel, no pick axe, no hard labor. :)

1 min ago, cityevader said:

funny what's normal to some is odd to others.

A pick axe would be what most people think of for what I was doing...but the soil here is simply loose fluffy compost above rock. Roots criss-crossing the soil is the tough part. Simply chop straight down to get the edges and to set the depth, then "chop" horizontally to set to floor, then rake all the loose stuff to the side. 

No shovel, no pick axe, no hard labor. :)

Goes camping to do landscaping.

Yeah, that isn't odd.  Not at all. :freak: 

#otterlivesmatter

2 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

I'd be ok with a camp ground provided it had bathroom facilities with running water.

My daughter drove up to Wyoming over the weekend.  Slept on an air mattress in the back of the honda pilot.  

Oh hell no. :laugh: 

Most state and private campgrounds do. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

19 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

Well when and if they give us the camping forum(not in the silly dungeon) all campers/hunters/fisherman of the wilderness can unite!

In the meantime see if you can merge this in your camping forum thread.......please!

Does the OP and his CA buddy drive priuses or subarus?

Diversity makes us stronger!

Landscaping sucks way way less than the constant tripping, or steeping on a pointy stick with one foot while kicking into the point with the other foot.

CA crybabies wail "Don"t touch the forrest, it's sacred!"

Well, it's now so choked and overgrown, that some areas are 20' deep with dead fall.

Camp grounds should not require machete use to get through...go outside the perimeter of camp and you can't move. 

2 mins ago, cityevader said:

Landscaping sucks way way less than the constant tripping, or steeping on a pointy stick with one foot while kicking into the point with the other foot.

CA crybabies wail "Don"t touch the forrest, it's sacred!"

Well, it's now so choked and overgrown, that some areas are 20' deep with dead fall.

Camp grounds should not require machete use to get through...go outside the perimeter of camp and you can't move. 

And they wonder why half the state burns down every year.

Diversity makes us stronger!

I know, and you know, but "they" are of the the Snowy Plover mentality. If we "must allow" people into the forest, then they need to stay on a trail, sleep on an existing bare spot, not touch anything nor gather fire wood to burn (because, fires,). Meanwhile, without feet to tamp them down, weeds spread. Shrubs grow where there are weeds. Soon it is un-navigable. From ground to canopy are dead branches, prime camp fire fuel that cannot be used. Instead, each tree is a fuel-time-bomb. Dead trees fall and cannot be used for firewood, so it's now 20' deep of full size trees with shrubs in between...more fuel-time-bombs.

If people could burn the dead wood slowly over time, nature wouldn't do it all at once for us.

By the way, this area is primitive camping. Pack in the water even. 

Edited by cityevader

2 hours ago, slicedcornbread said:

Take this crap to the camping foram. Or at least that long thread. 

2 hours ago, HopHead said:

And why not post it in the camping forum thread :headscratch:

Too bad it didn't say Camping in the title, so you guys would know not to click on it.  :headscratch:

I'll have mine on the rocks.