Reed422

Self Checkout

Rate this topic

88 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don’t see the issue here :huh: lazy fat bodies… :dismay:

Edited by hwsmike

16 hours ago, Reed422 said:

You should get a discount for using it. I was at a Win Dixie in FL that only had self checkout and only one person working it. It was chaos. If I have only a few items I’d rather use it but otherwise I want a person scanning my items and bagging my ****. 

The frieking scales that weigh crap and dont move if you do it wrong  are the worst...what happened to real people..   the only thing i like is the scan and go at sams club.the wife rules at that.   .saves you an hour online and you get to buy more....lol

6 hours ago, The Riddler said:

I ask for eXtra ringers all the time. Go right to that front manager politely and bam someone comes up. You look like a Hero to the other customers in line. Eff the stores. 

I appreciate Market Basket. Non-union, always smiling no self check out. Stop and Shop, union and relies on self check out, always miserable. Eff that place. 

It’s the best but I don’t speak spanish

12 hours ago, Bergallmaster said:

I could people watch for hours in the supermarkets here.  Stop and shop in east hampton yesterday. Late 50's  woman in self checkout. Wearing yoga pants and plastic surgery gone wrong buying 5 cases diet coke and about 12 cans niagra spray starch. Thats it.

Almost as good as a boat ramp :)

Posted (edited)

The self checkout is always nearly empty at Walmart l, know why? 
no accept EBT cards

Edited by Sandflee

12 hours ago, Bergallmaster said:

I could people watch for hours in the supermarkets here.  Stop and shop in east hampton yesterday. Late 50's  woman in self checkout. Wearing yoga pants and plastic surgery gone wrong buying 5 cases diet coke and about 12 cans niagra spray starch. Thats it.

I felt embarrassed the other morning for grabbing some junk food when I was paying for diesel. 

5:30 in morning. 

The guy  in line behind me was a big dopey looking farm kid. He had a quick stop mcmuffin,  and a bottle of Fireball.

Fireball at 5:30 am.

Red's World in Midwest. 

recie called me one day and asked me to pick up something,  I was at the light in front of a Wal-Mart food store, so I say **** it and go in there, I called her back and asked her what was on the grocery list,  while I was there , long story short I had a buggy full of stuff , get to the check out and there's one real register and 5 or 6 self scanning registers and a nazi telling which register to use, I say I'll wait for the real register , Karen von Hitler insists I go to the open self check out, I shoved the buggie towards it and tell her to go **** herself and walked out lol

8 mins ago, shb said:

I felt embarrassed the other morning for grabbing some junk food when I was paying for diesel. 

5:30 in morning. 

The guy  in line behind me was a big dopey looking farm kid. He had a quick stop mcmuffin,  and a bottle of Fireball.

Fireball at 5:30 am.

Red's World in Midwest. 

I don't eat quick stop mcmuffins!

Get used to it, that’s the future.  There’s an Amazon Fresh store they opened by me.  The stop and shop by me has this robot thing that goes around to store checking for spills.  

Went to Lowe's around 10 a.m. Friday. No cashiers, self checkout only.

Where's the cashiers I ask? No show employees guy says. There must be 50 ****ing employees milling around this place but no one to operate a cash register?

6 mins ago, 2sammich said:

Went to Lowe's around 10 a.m. Friday. No cashiers, self checkout only.

Where's the cashiers I ask? No show employees guy says. There must be 50 ****ing employees milling around this place but no one to operate a cash register?

Most full time big box employee's have "numbers"(employee code to activate a register), but typically deny having them, because they dread register detail.

1 min ago, KarpsnKatz said:

Most full time big box employee's have "numbers"(employee code to activate a register), but typically deny having them, because they dread register detail.

And no one can tell anyone what to do anymore.

1 min ago, 2sammich said:

Well yeah That would be racist.

6 mins ago, 2sammich said:

I'm a union tradesman, pushing 30 years in the business. The amount of younger guys, including apprentices, who blatantly refuse to do a job they are given, is stunning. When I was coming up, you would have been fired on the spot for that, and then mocked mercilessly for doing something like that. It was unheard of.

3 mins ago, KarpsnKatz said:

I'm a union tradesman, pushing 30 years in the business. The amount of younger guys, including apprentices, who blatantly refuse to do a job they are given, is stunning. When I was coming up, you would have been fired on the spot for that, and then mocked mercilessly for doing something like that. It was unheard of.

Yeah, this country is truly f***ed.