Reed422

Self Checkout

Rate this topic

88 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Wayne Tj said:

Self-checkout at the supermarket is a pet peeve of mine. At peek shopping hours there are never more than 3 out of 12 cashiers working. If I have to wait on line for self-checkout, I will go up to customer service and request they compute what I owe and take my money. 

I don’t ****ing work at the grocery store for crying out loud. 

Peapod ya cheapskate.

Weeed. See if you find one of them inflatable rats and put it outside the supermarket door, demanding fair wages for self checkout.

I could people watch for hours in the supermarkets here.  Stop and shop in east hampton yesterday. Late 50's  woman in self checkout. Wearing yoga pants and plastic surgery gone wrong buying 5 cases diet coke and about 12 cans niagra spray starch. Thats it.

5 hours ago, Wayne Tj said:

It takes longer than 3 minutes, but time is not the issue, it’s the frustration of trying to find the right price for produce or reaching the weight limit and having to put everything on the floor because you still have a lot more in the cart. 

Give me a break. 

Ya it isn’t only time. I just spent time shopping and I want to pay and leave. I don’t want to have to scan all my items and bag them too. I don’t want to do the physical work. If it’s all the same cost I’d rather stand there and have someone do it for me. It’s a service, it’s employment for that person. Come on mannnnn.

5 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Hell, shop online and go pick up your order curbside. Don't even have to get out of the vehicle. Or have it delivered. 

Me, I don't mind the self checkout. Gets me out of the store quicker. I'm not an idiot and can operate the scanner. ;) 

I like to pick out my own food.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, bridgerat said:

Nope. Handheld scanner. Pick it up at entrance. Do the shopping then only scan total at self checkout.  Done.

Damn I bet people are stealing 75%of their cart.

Edited by Reed422

48 mins ago, Reed422 said:

there's a reason they don't do it everywhere, but if you sign up for the app like i did at wegman's they know who you are. it also does the price club coupon part of it too.

1 hour ago, Reed422 said:

I thought that too at first. Figured the store was still ahead of the game with cost savings on fewer employees. Now I see people use it as a convenience and those that want to shoplift just fill a cart and run it out the front door.

4 hours ago, hobobob said:

Weeed. See if you find one of them inflatable rats and put it outside the supermarket door, demanding fair wages for self checkout.

:)

I ask for eXtra ringers all the time. Go right to that front manager politely and bam someone comes up. You look like a Hero to the other customers in line. Eff the stores. 

I appreciate Market Basket. Non-union, always smiling no self check out. Stop and Shop, union and relies on self check out, always miserable. Eff that place. 

Bjs in Plymouth used to have the phone app self scan like wegmans has and it was great. Self scan the items using your phone, coupons automatically deducted and just scan the bar code from your phone into the self checkout kiosk. Saved you a good 10 minutes. Even with a person checking your cart against your receipt on the way out they still got rid of it all because people were stealing too much. People just suck. 

10 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Hell, shop online and go pick up your order curbside. Don't even have to get out of the vehicle. Or have it delivered. 

Me, I don't mind the self checkout. Gets me out of the store quicker. I'm not an idiot and can operate the scanner. ;) 

This ^^^^^^

I ****ing HATE bagging groceries..... and those POS plastic bags SUCK MAJOR ASS!!

I don't mind shopping or the crowds. I actually enjoy the shopping. Never know what I will find new. Unless I'm in a hurry.

Used the curbside pick up for the first time the other day.

Shop online and picked up my order the next day. Very cool. Pull in pick up and go. Awesome.