Captain Tuttle

2022 Commercial Striped Bass Fishery Closed

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Since the season is closed, isn't it a good time to close this thread which has devolved into the normal pissing contest between Rec purists and Coms????

4 mins ago, Roccus7 said:

Since the season is closed, isn't it a good time to close this thread which has devolved into the normal pissing contest between Rec purists and Coms????

Good point.

I'll let it go for a bit, just in case someone has something intelligent to add. If not, and it goes down the gopher hole, I'll lock it.:)

2 hours ago, bob_G said:

Good point.

I'll let it go for a bit, just in case someone has something intelligent to add. If not, and it goes down the gopher hole, I'll lock it.:)

"It's hard being a fish." - Capt. Wayne Freiden, MEd, CAGS, LMHC

4 hours ago, bob_G said:

Good point.

After how many seasons of this do you expect something “intelligent “ that no one has ever said before?

2 hours ago, MakoMike said:

After how many seasons of this do you expect something “intelligent “ that no one has ever said before?

Never know. Could even come from some fisheries mismanagement board or council. No probably not. Has not happened before.

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, Roccus7 said:

Ya, lets all stick our heads in the sand for another year and hope that things change.  

Edited by Jeff270

The biggest takeaway of learning experience for me was that a convicted commercial fisherman is allowed any input at all let alone to be a decision maker. That's wrong all day. Get him off the water for good and away from fishing altogether. Who makes these decisions? We should protest   That's how it's done nowadays 

5 hours ago, Kones1 said:

The biggest takeaway of learning experience for me was that a convicted commercial fisherman is allowed any input at all let alone to be a decision maker. That's wrong all day. Get him off the water for good and away from fishing altogether. Who makes these decisions? We should protest   That's how it's done nowadays 

Details on this?  Convicted of what?

Ok, we've all had our say. I see no good coming from keeping this thread open, other than finger pointing and name calling.:)