Mokes

I need a good Espresso/Cappachino machine

Rate this topic

811 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Mike said:

So, beans. When beans get roasted they are fine in a bucket for a few weeks. For longer storage, they are kept under vacuum to reduce oxidation.

That causes a problem with freshly roasted beans. After roasting, bean "off gass" and need to breathe. That takes time. It you seal them up in a bag the gasses are trapped, saturate the beans, and they suck. 

Packers can't sit on beans for days or weeks waiting for them to off gass. That problem lead to the invention of that little disk you see embedded in bags of beans. That disk allows the beans to off gass, while keeping air out. I have no idea how it does that. It's some kind of one way valve.

Once I get that bag I figure the beans have had enough time to off gass and I'm not concerned about putting them back under vacuum after I open the bag. 

SCIENCE!!!!

16600552619505996375131154528901.jpg

Surprisingly he is correct.

On 8/5/2022 at 3:30 PM, Mokes said:

We have a fancy coffee shop in town and I swear to god it's a Liberal Hive. The lady who owns it looks like the world's biggest douche Prog. Every stereotype stuffed into what looks like a handmade dress from Organic Abortion skin. 

Can’t you just go to the drive-thru and wear dark sunglasses? Jesus you’re a baby.  

1 min ago, Tailslap said:

Can’t you just go to the drive-thru and wear dark sunglasses? Jesus you’re a baby.  

The fancy shop has no Drive Thru. How gauche. 

29 mins ago, hobobob said:

giphy.gif

We have lost Mokes for good now.  He is fully immersed in caffeinated faggery.  

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

We have lost Mokes for good now.  He is fully immersed in caffeinated faggery.  

I bought little porcelain espresso cups and a couple glass double walled mugs for Cappuccino. Just for a start. Mmmmm. Fancy. 

45 mins ago, Mokes said:

I bought little porcelain espresso cups and a couple glass double walled mugs for Cappuccino. Just for a start. Mmmmm. Fancy. 

Been studying hard for this moment?

advanced-faggotry-1175199-3051203654.png.2beb1ef6892b7137b3f1013b842b8232.png

1 hour ago, oax said:

Been studying hard for this moment?

advanced-faggotry-1175199-3051203654.png.2beb1ef6892b7137b3f1013b842b8232.png

I was born for this!

2 hours ago, Mokes said:

demitasse,  pinkies up..

3 hours ago, Mokes said: