fishinambition

Covid parosmia

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

I had 3 or 4 weeks where coffee tasted like dishwater and dirt, and there was this constant sour, metallic taste in my mouth, but then everything seemed to go back to normal.  but recently I've noticed that some things just don't taste as good as they used to.  I had a prime ribeye the other night and was like meh...   there's something missing, like a richness to food, like things just taste flat.  don't know how else to describe it.

That really sucks. Nothing like a good cut of meat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peanut butter took the longest to return. Seems like as soon as my taste came back, stuff started smelling and tasting bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EBHarvey said:

I had 3 or 4 weeks where coffee tasted like dishwater and dirt, and there was this constant sour, metallic taste in my mouth, but then everything seemed to go back to normal.  but recently I've noticed that some things just don't taste as good as they used to.  I had a prime ribeye the other night and was like meh...   there's something missing, like a richness to food, like things just taste flat.  don't know how else to describe it.

I had a similar experience... a lot of food tasted terrible (salmon specifically) and there was this weird smell I was always picking up, can’t describe it. Maybe like garbage or spice or something weird. After 2 months things still tasted off,  but I was getting better and the weird smell was almost gone. By September of last year (got it march 2021) I was completely back to normal. I guess I got lucky to fully recover and have no lasting symptoms. I have a family member who is just now starting to taste a little bit more than a year after covid. The disease itself wasn’t bad, it’s the side effects that last that get you it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2022 at 7:11 AM, EBHarvey said:

I had 3 or 4 weeks where coffee tasted like dishwater and dirt, and there was this constant sour, metallic taste in my mouth, but then everything seemed to go back to normal.  but recently I've noticed that some things just don't taste as good as they used to.  I had a prime ribeye the other night and was like meh...   there's something missing, like a richness to food, like things just taste flat.  don't know how else to describe it.

recies loves salt , made something the other day and she said there was way to much salt in it and I couldn't even taste it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the 'rona 2 yrs ago.....

have a hard time with salt or sugar (need a lot of both)

tho I have this strong attraction to Asian woman.........

thus making me think I'm a lesbian !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, unskunk said:

I had the 'rona 2 yrs ago.....

have a hard time with salt or sugar (need a lot of both)

tho I have this strong attraction to Asian woman.........

thus making me think I'm a lesbian !!!

there's worse things that could happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

I don't like Vienna sausages anymore :cry:

 

Finally some sense outta you. That stuffs damn nasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2022 at 9:09 PM, redfishkiller said:

I don't like spicy mustard on ham sandwiches anymore , used to love them, 

don't like budlight and some other stuff I used to like, it's weird. 

No Bud Light? The horrors! What are you drinking for breakfast? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 mins ago, flyangler said:

No Bud Light? The horrors! What are you drinking for breakfast? 

Budweiser or white claw :beers:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2022 at 6:58 PM, Sandflee said:

That sucks, all I know is a coworker of mine said everything tasted like onions after getting the Vid 

Icast proved to be a super spreader event.

 

The 3rd day of covid I picked up a Randazzos italian sub......

Couldn't eat it.

 

Tasted sour.

 

I like good quality balsamic vinegar....Usually go through a bottle of Note De niro  Trionfale  every month or two.

 

Tastes sour

 

Anything with vinegar tastes 

 

I didn't take paxlovid or any treatments....A co worker experienced a taste change he's attributing to the treatments.

 

My fiance has on and off loss of smell and taste despite being fine.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2022 at 7:11 AM, EBHarvey said:

I had 3 or 4 weeks where coffee tasted like dishwater and dirt, and there was this constant sour, metallic taste in my mouth, but then everything seemed to go back to normal.  but recently I've noticed that some things just don't taste as good as they used to.  I had a prime ribeye the other night and was like meh...   there's something missing, like a richness to food, like things just taste flat.  don't know how else to describe it.

Had a prime rib from redstone on thursday.

Tasted meh.  First time I brough home left overs.

 

After eating it, my hearing went off....kinda like when you change elevations too fast and your ears have to pop.

Fishing the leftovers last night....the same thing occured.  

 

Both meals were the only food items eaten that day.   Post covid my appetite is way off....

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, scoobydoo said:

Icast proved to be a super spreader event.

 

The 3rd day of covid I picked up a Randazzos italian sub......

Couldn't eat it.

 

Tasted sour.

 

I like good quality balsamic vinegar....Usually go through a bottle of Note De niro  Trionfale  every month or two.

 

Tastes sour

 

Anything with vinegar tastes 

 

I didn't take paxlovid or any treatments....A co worker experienced a taste change he's attributing to the treatments.

 

My fiance has on and off loss of smell and taste despite being fine.

 

 

 

Had balsamic vinaigrette the other night , it was nasty, used to love the stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taste buds were off with the June 2022 China virus for about 6 weeks still got a cough , 2019 China virus fever  one day tired another no problem with tasted buds , me thinks it’s the vaccines , the only positive I acquired a taste for Belgium Wheat beer . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.