patabate

Limit number of rods from shore?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Should the number of active fishing rods or lines in the water from shore be limited in CT. With the amount of shore anglers increasing and access to the shoreline decreasing I'm seeing a few people take up space that can accommodate more folks. It seems to me that some of the access is being "hogged up" by people using multiple rods spaced out 10' or more and sometime taking up 50' of waterfront. I think there should be a limit of 2 lines in the water per active angler in the marine district. Seems reasonable to me, your thoughts?

I don't know Pat, it's pretty funny to watch a school of big blues come by and see 5 or 6 rods getting pulled into the water while the guy tries to reel in a fish.  

I agree with you Pat, I would even say 1 spiked and you could plug with another.

But, let's face it, it would never be enforced anyway.  

38 mins ago, PaulS said:

2 is enough.  More than that your missing most of the hits anyways. 

Or the fish are deeply hooked. Seems like common sense to me, however it looks like the DEEP increased the the freshwater rod limit from 2 to 3. I think we should bring our concerns to the Saltwater Advisory Board ( not sure that’s the right name) and have it brought to the DEEP for discussion. 

I had no idea there was a limit for freshwater.  Makes sense from a conservation standpoint.  Go for it :th:

The state deep guys can’t even get around to calls of poaching. It’s not their fault under staffed with way to may bodies of water to cover.  B&W guys are gonna be safe even if they did put rod number restrictions on them. It’s a great idea though one and done that’s all one needs. Can someone tell me if they have a close number of how many officer we have out there.  I haven’t seen one in years, there was one officer I used to run across on occasion. His name was John nice guy always liked seeing him out there scoping out guys on the beaches. Always had a chat with him one what was going on around the state. I used to ask him to check my id lol he would and laugh. 

I’m sure Ct. has limits, this is the  fw NY DEC regulation.

061BCEFC-2676-4787-AC03-014CC5E538F9.jpeg

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, cheech said:

I’m sure Ct. has limits, this is the  fw NY DEC regulation.

061BCEFC-2676-4787-AC03-014CC5E538F9.jpeg

Oh that's interesting.  So no sabiki rigs with 6hooks and squid jigs w/ god knows how many points

JIC I goto Long Island. 

Edited by PSegnatelli

When I came in the other morning about 3am there was a guy with 6 rods out. Like Paul said you can't do that right 

On 8/5/2022 at 9:12 PM, Mark L said:

The state deep guys can’t even get around to calls of poaching. It’s not their fault under staffed with way to may bodies of water to cover.  B&W guys are gonna be safe even if they did put rod number restrictions on them. It’s a great idea though one and done that’s all one needs. Can someone tell me if they have a close number of how many officer we have out there.  I haven’t seen one in years, there was one officer I used to run across on occasion. His name was John nice guy always liked seeing him out there scoping out guys on the beaches. Always had a chat with him one what was going on around the state. I used to ask him to check my id lol he would and laugh. 

So, I took an early retirement from a local grocery store late last year. I thought I would try my hand at working for the DEEP. They list on their website many jobs. I applied for 3 different jobs earlier this year, and, didn't even get a response. I wonder if the short staff is self inflicted. I am more than qualified to perform any job with DEEP except Game Warden and Biologist. Although, I was on the list for Police in Massachusetts a few years back, but, didn't want to leave the job I had for 10 years.