surfrat59

Heads Up NY...Sep 3rd is Semiauto Rifle License

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

In case anyone was unable to decipher the new bill, starting Sep 3 a semiauto license will be required for purchasers AND sellers of all ages in NY. Nothing is exempt...Ruger 10/22, any semiauto hunting rifle or shotgun. Licensing will be the responsibility of the pistol permit bureaus, no one knows the requirements yet ! If you were getting the kid a 10/22 takedown for Christmas get it now , if you were selling anything semi do it now !

Is this just for sales or possession as well?

Say I bring a 10/22 camping for squirrel.  

To buy or sell, you and the buyer would both need a valid semiauto rifle license from NY state. It's basically registration and a delay to deter impulse buyers, plus a chance to carefully look at any mental health issues or social media "posed threats"...  we'll see how much of a burden it is next month.

I don't personally know of any campground in NY where hunting or shooting is permitted. Hunting is only in season and on state approved land if not private property. No target shooting is permitted on state land, that includes hunting season...private property  or shooting range. 

1 hour ago, surfrat59 said:

To buy or sell, you and the buyer would both need a valid semiauto rifle license from NY state. It's basically registration and a delay to deter impulse buyers, plus a chance to carefully look at any mental health issues or social media "posed threats"...  we'll see how much of a burden it is next month.

I don't personally know of any campground in NY where hunting or shooting is permitted. Hunting is only in season and on state approved land if not private property. No target shooting is permitted on state land, that includes hunting season...private property  or shooting range. 

Adk.  No campground. Walk around the forest looking for things to eat. Setup a tarp & hammock for the night.    Redsquirrel is open all year. 

More to life than deer or bear. 

On 8/5/2022 at 0:31 PM, surfrat59 said:

As soon as the wife decides  N or S Carolina we're gone...

I wanted to go south when the wife retired almost 15 years ago from her secretarial job in a L.I. high school.  But noooo, she wants to be near her daughter in South Jersey, so here is where we've been.  I thank God I am retired from 35 years in law enforcement and fall under FLEOSA as far as carrying concealed is concerned.  This state really sucks big time too.

I don't know how you guys do it....we take it for granted down here when i tell folks how bad gun laws are in other states...i just hope all the northern that came down learn their lesson and remember why they move down here in the first place....

17 hours ago, Drako said:

I don't know how you guys do it....we take it for granted down here when i tell folks how bad gun laws are in other states...i just hope all the northern that came down learn their lesson and remember why they move down here in the first place....

Not sure why, I think it's the warm winters and maybe lower property taxes and no state tax. They hate the heat, they hate the bugs, they hate the alligators snakes and lizards, they hate rednecks they hate the schools, at least the ones that I talk to. and that's just for starters

On 8/6/2022 at 0:36 PM, Spigola said:

I wanted to go south when the wife retired almost 15 years ago from her secretarial job in a L.I. high school.  But noooo, she wants to be near her daughter in South Jersey, so here is where we've been.  I thank God I am retired from 35 years in law enforcement and fall under FLEOSA as far as carrying concealed is concerned.  This state really sucks big time too.

South Jersey is nice..............FISH.