Dealing with med providers is a bitch

Rate this topic

Billybob

11 mins ago, MakoMike said:

I was having pain in my lower right abdominal area. Not too bad but enough to send me a what’s up warning. Turns out it’s a fairly rare cancer called leiomyosarcoma. I’m being treated for it now. Prognosis is not good.

damn man, good luck!

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

2 hours ago, HopHead said:

Office docs are 100% ill equipped to handle ANYTHING acute I've decided....absolutely worthless.  The days are gone where your doc that you've known for years will have you come right over to the office to see if you need the ER.

A plastic surgeon calling other docs absolutely worthless rather rich I would say

19 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Just went through this last month or so. The colon guys are sooo backed up for routine preventative colonoscopy that they don’t seem to even be aware that some patients need treatment right now. I had to practically stage a sit in to get a cat scan that lead to my cancer diagnosis. Now with Sloan-Kettering there’s no problems.

Glad it’s easier with the best care.  good luck Mike 

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

18 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Just went through this last month or so. The colon guys are sooo backed up for routine preventative colonoscopy that they don’t seem to even be aware that some patients need treatment right now. I had to practically stage a sit in to get a cat scan that lead to my cancer diagnosis. Now with Sloan-Kettering there’s no problems.

12 mins ago, MakoMike said:

I was having pain in my lower right abdominal area. Not too bad but enough to send me a what’s up warning. Turns out it’s a fairly rare cancer called leiomyosarcoma. I’m being treated for it now. Prognosis is not good.

Damn, sorry to hear that Mike.. Too many bad things going on with too many people in here. 

Couple things:

-Dibs

-Chum very sorry for your loss

-BB- you know you have diverticulitis and you are having pain in the area of your sigmoid colon, so signs point to a flare up.  Hopefully you've gone on a clear diet.  You should go to the ER and get some antibiotics or whatever they prescribe to knock down the flare up. If it perforates you'll be in a world of hurt, picture 10/10 pain and 10-14 days in the hospital. Then you also have to worry about getting a fistula and farting out of your pecker.

20 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Did they take something out or stuff him? 

About a foot of bowel out. 

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

Fudge, this thread got real. Sorry Chum, cant imagine your pain. Mike, best of luck and I’ll throw you into my prayers. BBob, get to the ER.

BrotherB, why’d they leave the tag end hanging down on your boy?

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

14 mins ago, sunobskt said:

A plastic surgeon calling other docs absolutely worthless rather rich I would say

I learned everything you know my first night on call......and I could still do a liver transplant. Admit it....unless you're a hospitalist you do nothing but wellness checks. I don't lie.

Diversity makes us stronger!

My neighbor had complained of abdominal pain for some time , seen a couple of Docs , had some imaging done, nothing diagnosed. He went to the ER when the pain got worse, they admitted him and operated the next day, his gall bladder was black.They told him if he had waited much longer he would be horizontal. Get your ass to ER.

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Jeff Cooper