Billybob

Dealing with med providers is a bitch

Rate this topic

215 posts in this topic

I've had this pain in my lower abdomen for a while, not too bad, and I should have done something sooner.

Then it starts to get a little worse, and over the weekend now I get this terrible pain in my lower back when I stand up from sitting or laying down.

So, I call the doc Monday, he wants a colonoscopy and sends a referral, and says the gastro doc will call.

No call, I call my doc back, she says "could take a week or so for them to call" I ask then how long before the scope "I don't know their schedule Mr Billybob"

I say, "I'm dying here, what do I do, go to the ER?"

So, what do I do, go to the ER?

This sucks.

5 mins ago, Billybob said:

I've had this pain in my lower abdomen for a while, not too bad, and I should have done something sooner.

Then it starts to get a little worse, and over the weekend now I get this terrible pain in my lower back when I stand up from sitting or laying down.

So, I call the doc Monday, he wants a colonoscopy and sends a referral, and says the gastro doc will call.

No call, I call my doc back, she says "could take a week or so for them to call" I ask then how long before the scope "I don't know their schedule Mr Billybob"

I say, "I'm dying here, what do I do, go to the ER?"

So, what do I do, go to the ER?

This sucks.

Where in abdomen BB?  Diverticulitis or kidney stone prolly if left lower abdomen.......go to the ER.....earlier in the day the better.  Don't do what most do which is wait until friday night at 8 pm.

Office docs are 100% ill equipped to handle ANYTHING acute I've decided....absolutely worthless.  The days are gone where your doc that you've known for years will have you come right over to the office to see if you need the ER.

Any other symptoms?  Nauseau, vomiting, diarrhea?  Could be pancreatitis.......other things too but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Just go to ER.

I went to the ER about 6 years ago for a  severe lower right back pain.... I never go to Drs  except for

major trauma it was bad.  If my wife hadn't known the  floor nurse I would still be waiting to be seen. 12 hours sitting in a corner for kidney stones.

The whole health industry seems to be falling apart. Three weeks ago I had to call 911 to take my 90 yo Mom to the local ER with stomach pains and uncontrollable diarrhea. She spent a week in the hospital and then they sent her to a rehab facility. Still having diarrhea off and on.  So now 3.5 weeks have gone by and just yesterday someone finally had the brains to send a stool sample to the lab and it comes back that she has C. diff. Extremely contagious, so it would have been nice if they had done their job prior to yesterday's conclusion. Now my brother may have gotten it. He left work early yesterday with, you guessed it....diarrhea. I told him to go see the doc and get the antibiotics right away. Shameful.

5 mins ago, HopHead said:

Where in abdomen BB?  Diverticulitis or kidney stone prolly if left lower abdomen.......go to the ER.....earlier in the day the better.  Don't do what most do which is wait until friday night at 8 pm.

Yes, lower left side just between my waist and below ribs, and way in deep. It's been a nuisance for a while and I had a lower ab scan over a year ago, and they said some minor diverticulitis stuff, but lately it got worse, and then the back pain just came on overnight, really bad when you first stand up, can barely straighten up and once you do it's not so bad.

Maybe I should go to the ER tomorrow morning. 

1 min ago, Billybob said:

Yes, lower left side just between my waist and below ribs, and way in deep. It's been a nuisance for a while and I had a lower ab scan over a year ago, and they said some minor diverticulitis stuff, but lately it got worse, and then the back pain just came on overnight, really bad when you first stand up, can barely straighten up and once you do it's not so bad.

:wrong:

1 min ago, Billybob said:

Well there's your answer.

7 mins ago, HopHead said:

Any other symptoms?  Nauseau, vomiting, diarrhea?  Could be pancreatitis.......other things too but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Just go to ER.

No other symptoms, but when I drink the metamucil it makes a huge difference.