Sandflee

Brittney Griner in RUSSIA

Rate this topic

424 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, adam42 said:

IDK, maybe this hits a little closer to home for me because I worked for the US government in Beijing and have traveled the world.

But I do find it incredibly concerning seeing Americans cheering on other Americans getting locked up abroad like that guy saying he's hoping his friend's liberal daughter gets arrested in China.

Great friend to have there. I can't even begin to fathom the mental gymnastics one makes to both consider someone a friend while also hoping their daughter gets imprisoned by the Chinese. Perhaps you should tell your friend this that you wish his daughter serves a decade long sentence in China.

How much weed did you bring

1 hour ago, woowoo2 said:

What "Standard"?

From what I have read, it's normal for Russia.

I guess Hollywood got that right. Whenever they catch lawbreaking Russians in US They laugh at the threat of being jailed in the states. Cant compare to Russian jails. Just ask the Zech 

11 hours ago, adam42 said:

Never thought I'd live to see the day where US citizens are rounded up and given draconian sentences on exaggerated charges by a foreign dictatorship and half of America would cheer.

Yes she was dumb (I imagine she did bring it in but we honestly don't even know if she was under duress and felt she was effed no matter what so it was better to play along. Marc Fogel says the pot was his but Trevor Reed insists he's innocent so who knows). This could have happened to any of us.

No, she shouldn't be exchanged for an arms dealer.

In fact, she shouldn't be exchanged at all, it's moral hazard and rewards any country which has issues with us by simply rounding up and jailing Americans until they have enough that are worthy of an exchange.

She is not the first American to be jailed recently under absurd sentences, she's just the only one important enough to get everyone's attention. Russia is clearly targeting Americans and arresting them to use as leverage.

This is not a moment to gloat and cheer regardless of how you feel about her or her politics. Remember, another person in jail on nonsense over there is a former marine, another is a former employee at our Russian embassy. Are those two people ungrateful people who hate America as well and got what they deserved? 

There shouldn't be partisanship here. The general tone of this thread is horrifying

FDA24515-62B1-4754-9D0E-47F6FB47CF70.gif

1 hour ago, woowoo2 said:

What "Standard"?

From what I have read, it's normal for Russia.

Griner is a adult. She went to Russia

Griner.jpg.0cd6329b340aef00929d9ed54bcd61ee.jpg

37 mins ago, Bernie12 said:

the thought of them passing around a sweet piece of cheese like you in a mexican jail :naughty:

youre right.. f**k the greek twice

Double Middle Finger GIFs | Tenor

exactly! 

Posted (edited)

39 mins ago, skinnywater said:

**** Russia, **** her, and **** this new guy!  I hope they play the national a them every night for her before lights out. 

maybe we could ask them to do that along with the pledge  Of allegiance and   America the beautiful, On 24 hour rotation

Edited by redfishkiller

7 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

But but but..the rules don’t apply to meeeeee!

They do now!

I don’t care enough to look but I highly doubt smuggling is treated the same as a Russian citizen in possession. 

In any event the time away and her lack of accessibility to appropriate hair care products is taking its toll.

For a second yesterday I thought it was Kareem Abdul Jabbar in the jail cell.

Posted (edited)

6 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I don’t care enough to look but I highly doubt smuggling is treated the same as a Russian citizen in possession. 

Russian citizens don't sh/t on their flag or anthem, most won't admit or promote homosexuality. many do not think they're above the law, many are not 6'7" & black. All the citizens stay in their lane and obey the law.

Surely you understand this comrade?.No?

Edited by iphish