Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, TimS said:

Same here…and the cat appreciates that you are playing with it. Most of the kitties I’ve ever had end up being fetch kitties - I throw stuff and they bring it back. Some are better than others…and one will bring me random stuff to throw so she can go get it and bring it back. Pencils, pens, fuzzy toys, deer tails, etc. They know I’m playing with them, they even bring me the toys :) 

That's interesting. None of mine have done that.

11 hours ago, giggyfish said:

I don’t know if it applies but I still think a single man with cats is probably the weirdest thing ever.

I can be weird, but I'm married. Didja miss the part about the wife?

The cat is tricking you into thinking he likes you before eating your face.  Cats are apex predators. 

16 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Here's the question. If I call, and Hyper Friendly Cat comes over for a good petting and chest rub, certainly he knows it's me who is petting or scratching him. But if the Mouse Toy comes out, does he even know I'm there? Is he conscious he's being played with by me, or am I a background blur, and the Mouse is the actor in the game?

But of course. Said cat is suspending disbelief, and allowing you to entertain yourself. 

This old guy has my wife wrapped around his little paw. But not me, no no no. Marco is twenty years old..

C48AC706-DD15-4247-9A60-DBA9B424CEA0.jpeg

16 hours ago, BrianBM said:

A fascinating question.

No, not really.  Hardly interesting if you ask me.

We have indoor cats too, and I've never contemplated this proposition.

15 hours ago, giggyfish said:

I don’t know if it applies but I still think a single man with cats is probably the weirdest thing ever.

I dont agree.  Cats are good pets.  So are dogs.  

15 hours ago, giggyfish said:

Neither Brian nor I is single.

4 hours ago, BrianBM said:

I can be weird, but I'm married. Didja miss the part about the wife?

I noticed.  I also noticed your wife is married to a crazy cat lady. :freak:

7 hours ago, Rocky_Point_Charlie said:

I have a huge, black cat who loves when we shoot my wife's elastic hair ties across the room so he can bring them back.

He never tires of this but we do so he learned how to shoot them himself by hooking it on one tooth and one claw. 

He snapped himself in the face a few times but has learned to shoot them as far as I can. 

Amazing and demanding creatures.

That's great :clap: The real good fetcher, Smudge, will entertain herself by throwing things at us when she wants to play - she has a hard time aiming, but she eventually lands them in your lap...she hooks them with a claw and flings them backhand - you can watch her try to line up the throws, it's pretty funny.

3 hours ago, Heron25 said:

The cat is tricking you into thinking he likes you before eating your face.  Cats are apex predators. 

I don't disagree with this...we have one cat, his name is George, I'm pretty sure he would eat us before we got cold :laugh:

3 hours ago, Heron25 said:

I have 2 cats, the female is a rag doll amd as docile as they come.  My daughter used to dress her in doll cloths and push her in the baby stroller.  Im sure given the necessity she would eat my face.

Now, on the other hand, the all black male cat, well, hes nice...until he isnt.  Ask @Sudsy

That cat would eat my face just because.

19 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

No, not really.  Hardly interesting if you ask me.

We have indoor cats too, and I've never contemplated this proposition.

Yet you taught one to do tricks just to get ONE measly little snack :squid: