SubRosa87

WE2

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Are they still enforcing the no rocks rule?  That dumb sign still there?
can you get into it with the night pass or do they close it because it’s “too dangerous”.

on the permit page it says WE2 but y’all know how access can be around here. I haven’t had a chance to head down this season and when i do head down I don’t  want to waste a 45 min drive.

Edited by SubRosa87

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, SubRosa87 said:

Are they still enforcing the no rocks rule?  That dumb sign still there?
can you get into it with the night pass or do they close it because it’s “too dangerous”.

on the permit page it says WE2 but y’all know how access can be around here. I haven’t had a chance to head down this season and when i do head down I don’t  want to waste a 45 min drive.

Call them or check it out. Been swamped lately. 

Edited by Bait Tailer

It's open. They will never be able to enforce that no rocks rule, even if it is technically still in effect. Despite that long walk, it's always crowded for me. 

Posted (edited)

this place used to have some localism to it, cutting teeth working the lineup and such. 

its turned into NYC bait crews and guys from MA/NJ/CT  (in spring/fall)   have no issue doing the full stretch walk anymore... walk to the rocks and you will find it just as crowded as green acres mall. no common sense, plenty of idiots with 7ft rods trying to high stick or have their geisha out on the rocks.... piles of 12 packs every 5 feet.

Edited by GarbageFish

Posted (edited)

On 8/5/2022 at 1:19 PM, GarbageFish said:

this place used to have some localism to it, cutting teeth working the lineup and such. 

its turned into NYC bait crews and guys from MA/NJ/CT  (in spring/fall)   have no issue doing the full stretch walk anymore... walk to the rocks and you will find it just as crowded as green acres mall. no common sense, plenty of idiots with 7ft rods trying to high stick or have their geisha out on the rocks.... piles of 12 packs every 5 feet.

There were a tight lipped group of guys that fished it hard, dedicated, especially one in particular who lived in the lot 3 to 5 days a week before heading home to c.t. There was style that dignified the effort and respect for the place and the fish that sadly, no longer exists there.  That's ok, the guys who still love that place since they were kids still own it and they know it.

Edited by DeepBlue85

The walk is what keeps it good. If your motivated enough to walk the walk you deserve the solitude the area lends. No place, including M has the fish it had, who is kidding who. Conrad no longer visits, amongst others who knew better times, but there are still dedicated guys fishing the area, who do it with respect and great effort!

Posted (edited)

17 mins ago, Steve H.C. said:

The walk is what keeps it good. If your motivated enough to walk the walk you deserve the solitude the area lends. No place, including M has the fish it had, who is kidding who. Conrad no longer visits, amongst others who knew better times, but there are still dedicated guys fishing the area, who do it with respect and great effort!

Can't blame him.......problem though is a few youtube heroes that can't seem to give a dam..... draws all the low hanging fruit.  I used to fish there for the fishing, then I fished there for the solitude, now I can't fish there for anything other than nostalgia and if anyone knows anything about that, you know it's just another sad story.

Edited by DeepBlue85

Cheer up pal, the fall is around the corner with the promise of fish arriving with miles of beach to find them!!!! The crowd may have changed but we didn't!

eff facebook.  What fisherman goes to FB to find a place to fish? Do they have the motivation to walk for a few miles to the water and know what to do once getting there? Survive a couple of skunkings before writting it off. Do they head to Montauk to fall off a rock, or even walk on bowling balls all day.  It takes some intestinal fortitude to do this sport especially when the fish stock is down. The instant gratification crews won't make it. Dial a fish, and the "anything" guys don't have what it takes! Better yet, the guys cruising the parking lots to see if they can get intel before commiting to "the walk".

Posted (edited)

22 mins ago, Steve H.C. said:

eff facebook.  What fisherman goes to FB to find a place to fish? Do they have the motivation to walk for a few miles to the water and know what to do once getting there? Survive a couple of skunkings before writting it off. Do they head to Montauk to fall off a rock, or even walk on bowling balls all day.  It takes some intestinal fortitude to do this sport especially when the fish stock is down. The instant gratification crews won't make it. Dial a fish, and the "anything" guys don't have what it takes! Better yet, the guys cruising the parking lots to see if they can get intel before commiting to "the walk".

You ask me, those guys are missing the forest for the trees. There for the wrong reasons. Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I'd almost rather get skunked on a beautiful day and have the place to myself than share a hot bite with a bunch of smooth-brains breathing down my neck. 

Edited by JimmyBean