zak-striper

Bible belt state rejects "government mandated forced birth"

Rate this topic

532 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ifishthebadspots said:

We can say that about anything. It's the cost of war! No, there was no need. Those were regular people, tens of thousands of children - there really is no excuse. For half of them it took a few months to die.

Allies could've starved Japan via blockade, or nuked a military target first. They didn't think too long once the nukes were ready. Like I said, it's whatever helps you sleep.

Screenshot_20220805-153521_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-154201_Gallery.jpg

They were military targets.  They had hardly seen any bombing during the war and were major manufacturing centers.  Military and civilian leadership forbid anyone for considering Tokyo or Kyoto as a nuclear target.  Japan was asked to surrender several times, and refused.  Public opinion at the time was galvanized toward "unconditional surrender" after all the atrocities the Japanese committed and the cowardly attack on Pearl Harbor.  They weren't going to bargain with the Japanese.  It was he right decision then and would be now.

4 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

He thinks it would have been more humane to starve millions to death or some nonsense  

It's tough for many to understand, wars aren't won by dieing  for your country, they are won by making your opponent  die for his.

3 mins ago, MikeM58 said:

They were military targets.  They had hardly seen any bombing during the war and were major manufacturing centers.  Military and civilian leadership forbid anyone for considering Tokyo or Kyoto as a nuclear target.  Japan was asked to surrender several times, and refused.  Public opinion at the time was galvanized toward "unconditional surrender" after all the atrocities the Japanese committed and the cowardly attack on Pearl Harbor.  They weren't going to bargain with the Japanese.  It was he right decision then and would be now.

Pearl Harbor was sound military strategy. Japan, fortunately, lacked the resources  and personal  to capitalize on it.

17 mins ago, MikeM58 said:

It was he right decision then and would be now.

I think you are a little detached from reality there. Maybe you could think about why nuclear was never used again, even where US was in a bind. Basically, you typed some bs.

Just now, ifishthebadspots said:

I think you are a little detached from reality there. Maybe you could think about why nuclear was never used again, even where US was in a bind. Basically, you typed some bs.

I would say you don't know anything about history of the bomb or you're revising it to fit your narrative, but that would be a waste of my time to hear more of your bs.  Good day. 

30 mins ago, Wraith said:

Unfortunately,  that is how wars are won.

A small factoid for the unwashed  masses. More were killed in the fire bombing  of Tokyo, then from both nuclear  weapons deployed.

Another war crime, just like Dresden. But at least there were legitimate military and industrial targets there. You can maybe live with that.

28 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

He thinks it would have been more humane to starve millions to death or some nonsense  

I thought we are all adults here. We wouldn't starve them to death, would we? No, we would make them give up.

49 mins ago, Wraith said:

But, if it was an honest misquote,

It  was an honest misquote. I didn't know how to go back to a previous page to get the exact quote while maintaining quoting you. It's just that simple. 

What I missed in your reply is your answer to.. "But to promulgate what? .."

My inquiry being.. Your point seemed to be that the was such a distinction (intentional distortion) between my original statement and my misquote that I was attempting to (modify? - adjust? - retract? - advance?) thereby to benefit somehow. 

2 hours ago, NJFrank said:

Leftists are like that blinded by their own stupidity

Lie and chuckle. It's what they do. 

10 hours ago, Knight771 said:

Because I don't like leftists like you.  I despise you

I've not missed a national election since turning 18, nor have ever I voted for a Dem.

I'm done with you, but only because the device has yet to be invented capable of measuring how far up your porthole your head is inserted. But then, it sure explains your crappy view of people

38 mins ago, ifishthebadspots said:

Another war crime, just like Dresden. But at least there were legitimate military and industrial targets there. You can maybe live with that.

I thought we are all adults here. We wouldn't starve them to death, would we? No, we would make them give up.

Which they wouldn’t do until a million or so died a horrible death 

37 mins ago, Shhh....Now said:

I've not missed a national election since turning 18, nor have ever I voted for a Dem.

I'm done with you, but only because the device has yet to be invented capable of measuring how far up your porthole your head is inserted. But then, it sure explains your crappy view of people

Gosh, I'm so hurt.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Here's a bit of a 'rub'.

You can no more prove there is no god, then he can prove there is a God.

But the thing is, what we know of science today, points to God.  Never said "proof" but the overwhelming weight of what today's science tells us is there is a Creator and the All of the Universe.  What Albert Einstein said is "both the Garden and the Gardener."  Why would he say that??

4 mins ago, Shhh....Now said:

Laughing. Me too, meow meowcat... 

I thought you were "finished with me".  Guess not.  Well, lets go, cupcake.