zak-striper

Bible belt state rejects "government mandated forced birth"

Rate this topic

532 posts in this topic

Kansas this week overwhelmingly voted to protect women, women's rights to body autonomy and a woman's right to keep the government out of her womb, greatly rejecting the christian right wing's attempt to reduce women to being nothing more than brood mare, sperm recipients.

Mind you Kansas has voted for a Republican president in every election since Nixon. This state is as red as it gets.

Before the vote, polls were showing 47% for protecting women to 43% for government mandated forced birth.

The actual vote:

534,134 votes, 58.8% for protecting choice
374,611 votes, 41.2% for banning abortion

This vote was in August, during summer vacations, during a non presidential election year. Recent primary elections in Kansas don't get this turnout. The 2016 presidential election turnout in KS was,

Trump: 671,018    
Hillary: 427,005

The Republicans attempting to implement government mandated forced birth really lit a match under the arses of Dems and (R) moderates/centrists who aren't anti-women.

Are the hyper partisan Supreme Court Justices, putting misogyny & religion ahead of the Constitution, going to deeply regret overturning Roe v Wade when the house & senate selections come around in November?

The last paragraph in the article is scary for anyone who actually cares for the women in their families whether it's your spouse, daughter, sister, niece, cousin, etc.

ks.jpg.72ff0e0660336441c45fd856e5477e62.jpg

Before the vote, polls were showing 47% for protecting women to 43% for government mandated forced birth.

The actual vote:

534,134 votes, 58.8% for protecting choice
374,611 votes, 41.2% for banning abortion

Why does the poll refer to it as "government mandated forced birth" but the actual vote refer to it as "banning abortion"?

voters made their choice.

the air seems cleaner. not as many people with their hair on fire today after this news :freak:

1 min ago, Billybob said:

The actual vote:

534,134 votes, 58.8% for protecting choice
374,611 votes, 41.2% for banning abortion

Why does the poll refer to it as "government mandated forced birth" but the actual vote refer to it as "banning abortion"?

I think that may have been Zak placing his edit on it

1 min ago, RiverRaider said:

I don’t think this thread is going to work out the way Zak hoped it might :laugh:

answer the question RR, remember no side tracking the discussion.  :howdy:

8 mins ago, zak-striper said:

Are the hyper partisan Supreme Court Justices, putting misogyny & religion ahead of the Constitution, going to deeply regret overturning Roe v Wade when the house & senate selections come around in November?

Just now, Dave S said:

Congrats. You're smart enough to get it. :)

3 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

That’s awesome

Thats just as it’s supposed to work, the people of Kansas were allowed to make the decision free of interference from the SCOTUS 

The SCOTUS has ruled it has no business interfering with a woman’s right to chose 

The people of Kansas wouldn't have been able to voice their opinion if not for the SCOTUS.

We can thank the justices for putting the decision back in the hands of the people.

Just now, zak-striper said:

Congrats. You're smart enough to get it. :)

cool

12 mins ago, zak-striper said:

3 mins ago, zak-striper said:

No, I don't think so.  I don't think they are going to regret following the law and overturning Roe.

Less than 100 days however so we're going to find out. :th: 

4 mins ago, Dave S said:

Oh so it sounds more drama queeny?

What's his point, the state chose for themselves just as the scotus intended.

Kinda shoots down the arguments that the red states are going to force births doesn't it? 

6 mins ago, zak-striper said:

I missed the question to be honest.. hold on 

Just now, Billybob said:

Oh so it sounds more drama queeny?

What's his point, the state chose for themselves just as the scotus intended.

Kinda shoots down the arguments that the red states are going to force births doesn't it? 

I can't speak to what point he hoped to make, it seems that he's predicting (wishing for) Republicans to get trounced in the mid terms and be able to point the finger at the Supreme Court for it.