Colrain

Talapia caught at Wachusett?

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

Anyone else hear about this? My son showed me a picture of it and it looked legit. Wondering if it is possible that someone released it into the resy and it survived? Im skeptical about this but like I said the picture looked legit.

Oh please say this isn't true.  I'm not sure they could survive our cold winter water.  But I know they're considered invasive.

9 mins ago, bob_G said:

Oh please say this isn't true.  I'm not sure they could survive our cold winter water.  But I know they're considered invasive.

I  heard the same thing about surviving the cold water. Hoping this is just a hoax.

I was hoping for a mis ID but definitely looks like a tilapia.  Also hoping its someone messing around that just bought a whole tilapia at the Asian market?

Put a turd in front of it. If it eats it......Tilapia.

Ya, saw this a few days back from a friend. Certainly like the type. Kill the bastard that released it.

see if there are places locally that have them live, and see if they sell them live to the public.

Hopefully it was a solitary fish and hasn't had time to breed.

35 mins ago, ken r said:

Put a turd in front of it. If it eats it......Tilapia.

Put them into lake Quinsig to clean up the mess from the sewerage spill last winter.................

Then net them, process them and sell them at Whole Foods as local organic..............

5 mins ago, b-ware said:

Put them into lake Quinsig to clean up the mess from the sewerage spill last winter.................

Then net them, process them and sell them at Whole Foods as local organic..............

Speaking of Lake Quinsig Bernie.

The repair crew is still working on the site where the spill occured this winter.

It should however be noted that most species are sensitive to cold since they hail from tropical environments.   "

Most is what is scary.