Googan Comedy Show

Rate this topic

NHAngler

3 hours ago, Skunkoff said:

Tried casting while standing on the bait?  Surprised he didn't put the hook through his foot, if I'm understanding this correctly.

Birds nest is really the best outcome to this schenario.   Hook to the foot, broken rod and badly cut finger were all possible outcomes here.

19 hours ago, NHAngler said:

Really thinking about starting a channel dedicated to googans. Some of what I have seen over the years is just too funny to not share. 

Sunday I was not fishing but rather chillin on the beach with my wife. Nearby googan-dude was trying to multitask with keeping his cigarette lit while casting his chunk of whatever. He attempted to cast and got an instant birdsnest (with a spinning reel no less). He looked back at me confused as to what just happened. I said "look down" to point out that he was standing on the bait. 

I'm now going to have a gopro running full time and hope to share all of these fun and memorarble events with others. 

Cheers!

An SOLer posted  about some theatric nut on a jetty who was really heaving it but  his casts were going like 20 yds. It seems Mr. Knowitall threaded his line thru the hook keeper.

one of my favorite fishing spots has been turned into a leash free doggie park ! i seen dogs eat chunk mackeral with hooks - lures, running through peoples line almost been bit several times dog fights and people fishing with undersize gear getting spooled and broke off ! googan is an understatement !!! these people are are effin zombies !!

Edited by angler management

the takers get the honey and the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower

20 hours ago, JimmyBean said:

This fires me up. Quick rant:

If you're shark fishing off the beach, you're likely ONLY to catch sandbar(brown), sand tiger, or dusky. All prohibited species. Very tired of muscle bound meatheads soaking bait in the middle of a crowded beach for some "look at me" heroics. I really don't get it. It's some catch and release I really can't justify. I don't care how much you "know what you're doing." 

They just had some dude on the News for catching a 7ft sand tiger in NJ, he said it's his passion fishing the beach for sharks...Isn't it prohibited in Jersey Too?

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

1 hour ago, Sandflee said:

They just had some dude on the News for catching a 7ft sand tiger in NJ, he said it's his passion fishing the beach for sharks...Isn't it prohibited in Jersey Too?

Had a family member send me the link to that story. She was freaked out about it. I said number one, that’s not that big of a shark. Number two, he is fishing for attention (literally). Sharking at day on a crowded beach is for attention whores who want news stories. My big rule is to never, ever, under any circumstance fish for sharks at daytime. I can’t stand the people coming around me and getting recordings. Once I caught a smooth dogfish that was about 40 inches on the OCMD beach and all of the sudden I looked up and there were about 30 people around me. There was even a freakin photographer taking pictures of me. Turns out he got a good shot and I bought it… the employees at the photo shop were so excited to hear about it which was kind of nice, I told them a few fishing stories and they loved it haha… but I still don’t like the crowds. I haven’t had an angry tourist start bitching at me yet for “bringing the sharks in close”.

They were biting before you got here and they’ll bite again after you leave

4 hours ago, angler management said:

one of my favorite fishing spots has been turned into a leash free doggie park ! i seen dogs eat chunk mackeral with hooks - lures, running through peoples line almost been bit several times dog fights and people fishing with undersize gear getting spooled and broke off ! googan is an understatement !!! these people are are effin zombies !!

Those people should have their dogs taken away from them permanently. If your not gonna follow the law you shouldn’t have the privilege of owning an animal. If there is one kind of person I hate it’s f**kin dog walkers… some of them are nice but most let their dumb dogs get close to my stuff and try to eat my bait and the owners don’t care about it. Then some of them just let them run around leashless where you really can’t and they sh*t all over the place and harass you and the owners could care less. They never pick up after the dog. When the rangers come they are back on a leash, when they go, right back to running and sh**ting all over. I already can’t stand dogs, but when they are allowed to run loose and try to piss on my sand spikes it makes me infuriated. Now I realize that the dog is just a dumb dog who doesn’t know better… but the owner does, and they couldn’t care less about the laws or about other people. Rotten bastids!

They were biting before you got here and they’ll bite again after you leave

On 8/3/2022 at 1:35 PM, Kones1 said:

Go to a boat launch on Saturday morning 

One time me and a buddy were waiting to load our boat. The googans in front of us had there trailer to far up the ramp. They started to haul there 14' aluminum boat with motor onto the trailer. They drug the boat out of the water, up the concret ramp and up the trailer. The poor boat was bending in half. I went on the dock and told the guys how to do it. They said we are from NJ, grew up around the water, but thanked me for the advise, but continued to do it wrong. Now I just sit and watch googans with amusement.:laugh:

Edited by hunter123
Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

Last year I had a nice bluefish bite all to myself and was catching every third cast or so. As I was unhooking one fish a ranger pulled up behind me just to BS for a bit. Somehow I hooked myself in the back of my pants while I was talking to him. The damn thing wouldn’t come out and I ended up ripping them. 

Does that count?

29 mins ago, chocodove said:

Last year I had a nice bluefish bite all to myself and was catching every third cast or so. As I was unhooking one fish a ranger pulled up behind me just to BS for a bit. Somehow I hooked myself in the back of my pants while I was talking to him. The damn thing wouldn’t come out and I ended up ripping them. 

Does that count?

Must be something about bluefish ... I was on a jetty years ago on Cape Cod catching 4-6 lb blues on a popper ... having a blast. I hooked my 2nd fish and some guy comes up to me and just starts  asking all kinds of questions while I reeling the fish in and attempting to unhook. He ends up really distracting me and the bluefish, with the popper still in it's mouth but now on the rock jetty while I go for my pliers, flips up in the air and one of the trebles hooks me in the shin. Had to go to the ER to have the hook removed. I hesitated but had this guy help me get the fish off the lure (he almost yanks the lure out of my leg ... just to add injury to insult). My bad for not having wire cutters, but to have an annoying non-fishing googan cause all this is priceless

22 mins ago, rollincoal said:

contempt for others often is the hallmark of the "experienced" angler

How quickly people forget that we all started out as googans/

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

4 hours ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

Those people should have their dogs taken away from them permanently. If your not gonna follow the law you shouldn’t have the privilege of owning an animal. If there is one kind of person I hate it’s f**kin dog walkers… some of them are nice but most let their dumb dogs get close to my stuff and try to eat my bait and the owners don’t care about it. Then some of them just let them run around leashless where you really can’t and they sh*t all over the place and harass you and the owners could care less. They never pick up after the dog. When the rangers come they are back on a leash, when they go, right back to running and sh**ting all over. I already can’t stand dogs, but when they are allowed to run loose and try to piss on my sand spikes it makes me infuriated. Now I realize that the dog is just a dumb dog who doesn’t know better… but the owner does, and they couldn’t care less about the laws or about other people. Rotten bastids!

dog owners are blaming my pole for being attacked!!

the takers get the honey and the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower